Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you wish you brought????

Hi All,

I wanted to ask what you all wish you brought with you to Japan?

Anything you wish you left at home?

I am flying out, Jan 05...

Thanks in advance.

FYI, There is a big Big thread on that topic in this section already

Comment

what do i wish i brought to Japan reply

Well, I wish i had brought more food back with me, i know it's not an everlasting item, but each time i return to my home country, i try to stock up as much as possible on the foods i can't buy here. Apart from the food, i brought everything i could possibly fit into two big suitcases. Now after a few years of living here, it looks like i'll have to ship some stuff back, once i return home eventually.

Good luck when you move back in 2005!

Comment

Hmm thats a good thought, however the first thing I think about is pasta sauce. I can also see myself wearing it after the flight....

Sorry about the thread being a double, I looked however did not see this topic.

Comment

What to bring?

I wish i had thought to ask this rather vital question. I got here in 1997 and brought waaay to much stuff.
          Deodorant is probably a big one to take with you. As are underwear and shoes. These things can be a problem to find here.
          Tiny shoes, teeny weeny underwear and no such beast as real deodorant. Oh, and a nice big Gaijin sized towel. Those little bath house ones just don`t cut it.
          Good luck next year. Wendy.

Comment

[.
            Deodorant is probably a big one to take with you. As are underwear and shoes. These things can be a problem to find here.
            Tiny shoes, teeny weeny underwear and no such beast as real deodorant.

Good point Wendy, Now that you mention it my wife asked me why I put this smelly stuff on everyday. I will put that one on my list!!

Thanks Wendy.

Comment

Again with the deodorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Kurogane is very confused. He has never thought of applying pasty chemical concoctions to his nether regions, and he does not stink becasue he has discovered that wonder of modern convenience, THE SHOWER!!!!!!!!

When you say your wife, is she an Island nationer??? Learn from The Native Wisdom My Son.

Having said that, it is the little comforts that make it easier to settle in; I like my natural toothpaste, and hate the local stuff; soo, you stinky buggers, lather up if it makes you feel more at home!

Comment

I brought my bike and my comp from the US. Glad I did.
                I would have brought more books... when I go home I always buy more.
                food is also a good call. Although I grow my own basil and make my own sauce so that isn't an issue for me.

Comment

Deodorant? I've had no problems with the domestic stuff. There are 20 brands of deodorant in any drugstore here. I myself swear by "Rexena".

Comment

Hypertokyo,

Thanks for the tip, I was all ready to come to jp with a bag full of pit stick!

Comment

More Info

This question has been answered already.

There is extensive info at

http://www.gaijinpot.com/bb/showthread.php?t=971

Comment

i wish i brought a big bag o' doobie

Comment

Originally posted by swordfishtrombone
                          i wish i brought a big bag o' doobie
                          Amen to that, my fishily musical brother. Of course, rumour has it that it is very illegal here. They arrested Paul McCartney for it, after all. He says it was Linda's, but who's to know.

Comment

there is plenty of deodorant

but there is no anti-perspirant.

have to agree with the shoes and undies approach. Also, if you need well fitting business shirts at least bring a few to last you while u find the probably only shop that will sell some that are any good to you.

have fun!

Comment

Thanks I'll do that, the last time I was there I was not going for a prepaird thing,
                              I will want to be more ready this time.

Pit stick, Dress shirts, and....

Gixx.

Comment

Working...
                              X