X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pets!

How easy is it to get/look after cats in Japan. I'm a cat lover and I'm coming to Japan for 2 years to work and I want to have a cat. Do landlords allow them? Are they popular pets? Is it cheap or expensive to feed and look after them? If anyone has any answers I'd be really grateful!

Thanks Zoe

RE: Pets!

Zoe,

I don't know about the costs of buying and taking care of a cat in Japan, but in my research on how to bring a cat into the country I did find that it can be difficult to find a landlord who doesn't mind. Not that it's impossible.

Good luck

Comment

You may want to do you cat a favour and not bring him to Japan! Unless you live in the country you probably won't have a garden and I can't imagine your cat being very happy. My advice is to befriend a neighbourhood cat. The roads are narrow and dangerous here and vet. fees are VERY VERY VERY expensive. VERY. You may be faced with a very expensive bill or a very difficult decision.

Steve

Comment

My girlfriend lives in Tokyo, and she has her own cat!

But it is a indoor cat, infact it is afraid of the outside!

But she has her own apartment,

and no problem having the cat there!

Lars

Comment

RE: Pets! - turtles

This doesn't have to do with cats, but something about turtles ... i've seen small turtles in Japan, does anyone know how much they cost etc?

Thanx!

Comment

You can win the turtles at festival. They are not expensive. As for cats, they are common pets and many people own them even when the apartment landlords have ruled them out. You should have no problem finding a cat to care for.

Comment

turtles! we used to have one in the pond in the park in kobe! we used to chase it!

Comment

Zoe, this is unrelated, but I thought I might have recognized your name. Are you from England, and have you ever lived in Korea?

Comment

best place for info on pets in japan

go to angelswithfurjapan(dot)wordpress(dot)com for information on how to join a very informative mailing list or just view the periodic updates and adoption posts on the blog. You can probably just Google "Angels With Fur Japan" and find us, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                    How easy is it to get/look after cats in Japan. I'm a cat lover and I'm coming to Japan for 2 years to work and I want to have a cat. Do landlords allow them? Are they popular pets? Is it cheap or expensive to feed and look after them? If anyone has any answers I'd be really grateful!

Thanks Zoe

Are you planning to buy the cat here for your two years? Then what happens to the cat when you move on?

Also, if you are a 'cat lover', don't you already have some idea how much cats cost to keep, and perhaps care even less about the cost if you want one that much?

Why does it matter if they are popular pets or not?

Your questions confuse me..

Comment

talk about old thread

Comment

Working...
                      X