Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent Resident? Yes please!

Hi i'm Mark,

I was on the www.mofa.go.jp website looking around and i found this...

NO VISA GIVEN
    Permanent
    Resident
    (Indefinite)

Those who are granted permanent residence by the Minister of Justice. Application for Permanent Resident status is not possible at overseas Japanese diplomatic establishments.

I guess there is some massive catch to this and i'm just being dumb, so if someone could explain that would be great!

I'm guessing that you have to see some really evil Minister of Justice guy that will simply tell me to p1ss off back to England yeah? :-)

Re: Permanent Resident? Yes please!

Japan does not have any immigration policy. PR is only granted to individuals who residence is in the national interest of Japan. Usually minimum of 10 years continuous residence is required, and a permanent base for livelihood. Spouse or children of Japanese nationals might get away with 3-5 years. Case by case like everything else. Helps with business, paperwork, loans, mortgages; and in case your spouse divorces you, you can still stay here.

It is all in Motoko Kuroda's Japanese Visa handbook and explained by me in a number of places elsewhere. Just look around.

You still need re-entry permission and a gaijin card like anyone else. Only foreigners obtaining Japanese citizenship do not need that.

Comment

Re: Permanent Resident? Yes please!

Ok,

Thanks i kind of understand

Its all so complex!

Comment

Working...
      X