X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket prices

I booked a flight arriving Tokyo (from Sydney) in early April. Its less than a month away yet Jal have not released their prices for the flight. Nor has quantas. Does anyone know why this is?
    I have spoken to my travel agent and he just keeps telling me that he'll ring me once he knows.
    Seems odd that they haven't released prices for flights departing so soon.
    If anyone is in the know, what would be a fair estimate on the ticket price for a direct flight with Jal in early April?

Re: Ticket prices

I think Iata is about to increase it's levy, We got some internal memo at work today saying that economy fares were going to go up 2% as of April. Not sure, just came through today, so that may have been why your agent couldn't give you an answer.

I paid (one way) for Tokyo-Syd about Y70,000. But you are much better to buy 1y open return tickets from Sydney. Tokyo travel industry is geared to rip-off the world's most undiscriminating travling population, so decent airfares ex Japan are rare and usually have all sorts of conditions attached. Also on those SYD-NRT sectors, Qantas tends to fly it's old B747-200 buses which come complete with almost no legroom and no vids, So if you're tall I would pass on that one. I'd give Korean Air a shot, they havn't crashed for quite a while now so they must be on the improve. Or if you plan on travelling around the world after you give up teaching English after three months, you might be better to go via Bangkok as you can always return to there and pick up probably some of the cheapest flights to anywhere in the world..

Comment

Working...
    X