Help! Stolen Application essay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Stolen Application essay

I have reason to believe My friend or Ex friend now stole my application essay. May have used it to apply to the company Teach away,Canada,were I was try to get in. I got turned down by Interact it's sister company in USA. Saying Sorry you were not accepted due to Japan Rule and regulation we can't disclose why..ect. Then I got accepted to Teach Away. Being honest when they asked me if I applied any where else. I said Interact. They said if they turned you down we can't take you.

I would like to apply to them again. Should I mention I believe my essay was stolen and used for applications so hopfully they give me another chance? or just apply again? I put my heart and life experiences into that essay. I wouldn't know what to write in a new essay.

You may think why I'm trying to get in to Teach Away. Well, because they hire ALTs. I have an eye problem. Being a teacher, reading and doing lesson plans on the computer all day would hurt my bad eye. They hire ALTs which do less of that and would be less strain on my eye. what other companies hire ALTs?

Thanks

Originally posted by kj266 View Post
    I have reason to believe My friend or Ex friend now stole my application essay. May have used it to apply to the company Teach away,Canada,were I was try to get in. I got turned down by Interact it's sister company in USA. Saying Sorry you were not accepted due to Japan Rule and regulation we can't disclose why..ect. Then I got accepted to Teach Away. Being honest when they asked me if I applied any where else. I said Interact. They said if they turned you down we can't take you.

I would like to apply to them again. Should I mention I believe my essay was stolen and used for applications so hopfully they give me another chance? or just apply again? I put my heart and life experiences into that essay. I wouldn't know what to write in a new essay.

You may think why I'm trying to get in to Teach Away. Well, because they hire ALTs. I have an eye problem. Being a teacher, reading and doing lesson plans on the computer all day would hurt my bad eye. They hire ALTs which do less of that and would be less strain on my eye. what other companies hire ALTs?

Thanks
    Write another application essay.

If the level of spelling & grammar in your old essay in any way resembled the inarticulate scrambled egg of your post, you're going to need all the help you can get.

Comment

What part of, "We can't take you!" didn't you understand..?

I think you might have a heari... er, ear problem, too!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthByNorthwest View Post
        Write another application essay.

If the level of spelling & grammar in your old essay in any way resembled the inarticulate scrambled egg of your post, you're going to need all the help you can get.
        Yeah, I got eye strain just from reading that.

Comment

Rule number 1. Don't put all your eggs in one basket because one day that basket may break. Apply to many different schools, not just one. Apply to the JET program. Come as a tourist and apply to jobs while in Japan.

Rule number 2. Sorry to appear rude but proofread your writing, especially your resume, cover letters, and application essays. You want employers to pay you to teach English but if you write as though you are illiterate then its only natural that Interac will turn you down. I will add that if you friend submitted your writing as is I wonder whether he got hired either. People form opinions of you by how you write and express yourself.

Rule three. Don't be honest and say you are applying to other schools. 1. its none of their business who you talk to and 2. they are the competition. The company just gave themselves an out clause by saying they couldn't hire you because Interac didnt (BS by the way).

Comment

Wow!!! I don't know if I should jump in front of a moving bus or eat my scrambled egg with cyanide. lol

Ahh, no my essay did not look like that. I wrote it and rewrote it. My family read it over. I know how the Japanese are. I would never send them my dog's digested dinner.

How do I do this? I can thank one for being honest, one for good advice, and the rest...

Comment

Wow!!! I don't know if I should jump in front of a moving bus or eat my scrambled egg with cyanide.
              I don't mean any disrespect. However, you did ask us for advise. If you cannot handle the honest advise you were given, then I am sorry to say that you are definitely not ready for the difficulties that you will encounter living in Japan. If you are looking to live in Asia, there are many job openings in other countries that you might have an easier time getting into. Once you have experience there, if you heart is still set on Japan, try again.

Also, in your last post, out of the seven sentences you wrote, four of them starting with personal pronoun "I". Just a pointer when you write your new essay so you avoid using the same subject/ predicate pattern.
              Last edited by french blue dog; 2012-03-19, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I have reason to believe My friend or Ex friend now stole my application essay.
                I'd go report this at my local koban.

Helpfully,
                A.

Comment

Working...
                X