X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a place to stay

What are the best ways of looking for places to stay? Are there lots of message boards? I am going to be looking for accomodations in Osaka (Or depending on what kind of job I can find one of the other cities in the vicinity), so if anyone has any advice on this it would be a big help. Someone I know spent some time in Naniwa and said it was cheap and pretty fun. Does anyone have any recommendations of places to stay or ways of finding out A) Before coming to Japan or B) Once in the city?

Is this harder in other smaller cities? I was considering travelling to Fukuoka for 3 or 4 months after Osaka, will I encounter more trouble there? Also, I was thinking of just slumming around Kochi or some other city in Shikoku for a week, will that be impossible? (Hotels are a little out of my budget)

I have heard that finding an apartment is very tough, should I even consider this because I am only going to stay there for about 6 or 7 months?

Will I have more trouble finding a place to stay/getting a phone because I am not yet the age of majority? (A year shy of 20) Is it even possible for me to get a cellphone even if I have a Gaijin Card?

Post Edited (04-19-03 05:08)

Re: Looking for a place to stay

Hi! Here is a NO KEY MONEY, NO DEPOSIT, 40.000 yen/month room available in a big, clean and nice share house in Shinkamagaya, INTERNET FREE, to share with a Japanese boy and an English. TV, Video, wash mashine, bed set, all you need for a confortable stay. Responsible, non-smokers only ,Tell me what station is your job and I will say you if its convenient. THANKS.
    Tel 0474423123 Cristina
    cristilopez3@livedoor.com

Comment

Working...
    X