Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Japan Consulate in Tokyo

Hello,

Does anyone know where the new japan consulate in Tokyo is located or where i can get that info? I want to get my visa changed from single entry into multiple entry.

I went there one time by train and then a short bus ride and that rainbow bridge was visible from there but i went with someone so i donot know where it is now.

Please help!!

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: Visa Japan Consulate in Tokyo

japan consulate in Tokyo? This dude qualifies for a working visa? Sheeesh.. And I can't get one...

Tokyo IS IN Japan Sir.

Comment

Oh sorry, It may sound a bit unclear. Basically i have a single entry japanese visa and am in Tokyo now but i want to change that visa and get a multiple entry. All one has to do is to go to the Japanese consulate in 'Japan' and then take a ticket and wait few hours and they stamp the multiple entry and then travel back and forth between US and Japan is peaceful.

Anyone knows where the place is in Tokyo?

Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

There are no Japan Consulates in Japan. They are all outside of Japan, and are for Japanese who live overseas, or foreigners wanting information on Japan.

You probably mean the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Justice.

It's down by Tennozu Isle. Take "yurikamome" train out of Shimbashi on the Yamanote Line (JR). See the visa thread for details. But other branches will do the same job.

And it is not a visa, it is a re-entry permission.

Comment

I was at JR Shinagawa station last Sunday evening and saw that they have posted a sign to the bus stop to go to the Immigration Department. The sign was in both Japanese as well as English.

When you arrive at Shinagawa station by JR line, walk in the direction of the Konan exit (this is the East side of the station). Before heading down escalators to street level, you will see some notice boards and a map of the station area. One of those signs points you towards the bus. I did not check if additional information was provided.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info! This helps very well.

Once again, thanks,

Matt

Comment

Working...
            X