Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an answer

I posted this question before, but didnt get a reply, so please someone:
    If I go over on a tourist visa with an open ended ticket, will I get questioned? Ive already been on a working holiday, and want to visit, but am not sure for how long. 1 or 2 months. I dont want to face any difficulty at immigration. Do you think it will be a problem? And will I get a hard time?

Re: I need an answer

I don't know. Maybe you should try posting in the Visa forum.

Comment

I was in the same situation.I had worked for 1 year and went home and then came back to Japan on a tourist visa.I had bought an open ticket,just in case,and was never asked any questions.
      Looking back,I wish that I had not spent the extra money for the ticket.I stayed in Japan.
      Don't worry about it dude.

Comment

Probably best to put a specific destination and planned duration for your trip down on the form entry form instead of saying "not sure." They won't actually look at your ticket or ask you any questions unless they become suspicious of you for some reason. Even then it's not like there is a legal problem with not having a specific return ticket in your hands. So it shouldn't be a problem as long as you're not from Canada.

Comment

Why is it not a problem as long as you're not from Canada? So if I were to buy an open-ended ticket, they would question me?

Comment

I don't know about now ...

BUT when I came in about 10 years ago I had a oneway ticket and visitor visa they didn't ask me any question.

Comment

Working...
            X