Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solo travelling for 2 weeks!

Hi,

I am 19 and coming to Japan late July, staying in Tokyo for the 2 weeks (staying in a hostel) but I have a JR pass for 7 days and will be using it to the fullest, early mornings travelling around the country! The daytime for me is sorted and I will be occupied but obviously travelling alone I will have noone to do anything with at night, I was wondering if there is a taboo about eating solo and what to do in Tokyo at night on my own ?

Thanks

Originally posted by shenmoo View Post
    Hi,

I am 19 and coming to Japan late July, staying in Tokyo for the 2 weeks (staying in a hostel) but I have a JR pass for 7 days and will be using it to the fullest, early mornings travelling around the country! The daytime for me is sorted and I will be occupied but obviously travelling alone I will have noone to do anything with at night, I was wondering if there is a taboo about eating solo and what to do in Tokyo at night on my own ?

Thanks
    Hey,

Certainly no taboo about eating solo, though it might seem weird at a more expensive restaraunt, and the hostel should be full of like minded, like aged sorts only too willing to include you in their nocturnal frolic.

Oh, btw, if you're a girl, you do need to be mildly aware of night time safety issues in the seedier parts of town, as there are many Japanese, and at least a few of those are perverts.

Nothing too big to worry about, just keep your wits, and don't talk to strangers beckoning you into dark alleyways. And if you see besuited men
    committing sudoku in public, just avert your eyes and cross the street.

So, yeah, have fun.

Comment

Working...
    X