Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedish ppl in Japan

Hello
    Im a university student in Sweden that are planing on going to Japan for a year to study before I take my exam....Just wondered if there are any swedish people out there? Benn planing to move to Japan after graduation with my wife (sheLs japanese) any one know if itLs ahrd to get a job in Japan for swedish people and if there is any possibility to become a english teacher etc..
    Thanx a bunch

Re: Swedish ppl in Japan

How could you find a Japanese wife?

Comment

wasnLt really hard.met her when I was studying in California...then we decided to move to Sweden after that.

Comment

robachan, is your wife's name noriko?

Comment

Nope my wifes name is not Noriko.......why?

Comment

Just curious.

Never mind....

Comment

KB and naysay one and the same? a slip you say, nay. surprised he'd even flirt with identifying himself with a lad like me. no, rubbachan, i worked with a J-girl named noriko who had a swedish bf (at the time). she was planning to get married, and he was supposed to come to japan. i lost touch w/her after leaving the concrete archipelago. she also lived in california i think, where she met her bleeding-swede. i bothered to ask because she was unbelievably hot and cool, and a mutual friend (yes! a friend) in toronto would stalk her if i could provide her location--accessory to.... seriously, he's been trying to track her down since he got divorced last year. if you knew her you'd understand.

anyway, to your original ? i knew a swede in japan, who had done his uni work in the u.s., where his parents were originally from, i think. he somehow fooled the school into thinking he was a native american, though his citizenship was swedish alone. don't ask me how, but he was always super secretive about his origins. at first, i just thought he'd once been a woman (the sexually ambiguous type, you know), but it turned out it was just his resume that was counterfeit, not his man teats. i don't really know squat, but i think you may encounter difficulties finding a sponsor from afar. however, if your skill is near-native you'd probably be able to snag something once there. not sure if i answered anything there, but it blew the first 15 minutes of my workday, so cheers.

Comment

Thx Naysayer for your input................well sorry to say but I don't know Noriko. Even though I am swedish there is a few people I don't know :-)................ Well I don't need any sponsor since I will be coming to Jpan on a spouse visa........... And thx again for the input on the work area, will give it a try and see how it goes.
                Cheers mate

Comment

i thought there were only 3 villages in swedan, and you were all related! no? seriously, it just seemed there were a lot of parallels. anyway, SPOUSAL VISA! holy blindman, how'd i miss that. no worries whatsoever--you'll be fine. as i said, some larger schools may shy away from your non-native status, but if your skill is good you can get on somewhere. plus, since you don't have to worry about being full-time, or working at all, you can easily cobble together a lot of P-T gigs. privates, S & E both, for starters. to state the obvious, you'll have a much wider range of options in the larger urban areas.

Comment

Working...
                  X