Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Gaijin

Bonjour, Hi, Buanodias, Guten tag, Konnichiwa

I am a 40 y/old French Canadian (Québéquois) that is just about to sing a 1year + contract to work in Japan. It will be my first intrusion in Asia. I am a aircraft technician and will be staying in Tokyo. My work will be
    at Hendeda airport. I will have to go to Tokyo down town once a week for reporting to the firm that is contracting me.

My questions are:
    - Is Ota-Ku, Shinagawa-ku or Minato-ku are neighbourhoods that would be suitable for a would be gaijin-san….???? I am single. The cost of the housing will be covered by the company. The geographical choice of these 3 hoods is only because it’s ½ ways (sort of) between Tokyo downtown and the airport so it will minimise transportation. Is there a gaijin-ku?? I am open to suggestions.

- Besides personnel hygiene products, kitchen tools, closes and my laptop is there any thing else you people found missing when first arrived in the land of the rising sun?

- Could we read the metro station name or it’s all in Japanese symbols?

- Can we find wine that is drinkable? 3,4,5 year old……and at what cost?

-Any suggestions beside maple sirop………?

Re: Future Gaijin

Hehe.

Hendeda Airport's in South America I think.

Those are expensive areas of Tokyo. If you want gaijin-ku, ask for Roppongi. I shouldn't live there though.

Deodorant is a good idea. Especially if you're not used to 38 degrees and 95% humidity.

Most metro names are in English and Japanese. They're not in French though. Which I know Quebecquois don't like.

The Japanese don't do very great wine. I suggest imported Beaujolais or Chianti rather than maple syrup. Drinking that will turn you into a diabetic very quickly.

Comment

Re: Future Gaijin

Can we find wine that is drinkable? 3,4,5 year old……and at what cost?
      This is Tokyo you can get anything.

Comment

Working...
      X