Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange student

hi

I'm going too Japan in mars with YFU,, I'm going too live with a family in Nara and atend koriyama high school. I'm just wondering if anyone have been there, i know that it is the first capital of japan and that it have a great amount of castle's and temples.. so have anyone been there maybe you know something about the school,, plzz tell me everything you know about nara and it's suroundings...

hehe I'm from sweden so i hope you can read my english ^^

Re: exchange student

It's a very beautiful place. I don't know about the school, but the city and area is very historic. There is a park with many deer. You can buy rice crackers from a vendor and fed the deer. But, first bow to the dear and they will bow back. Itfs really funny. The deer may bite, so be careful. Next to the park is Todaiji. The temple with the giant wooden Buddha.

Even though Nara is a city, it is still pretty countryside (by Japanese standards). But, Nara is close to Osaka, the second largest city in Japan.

Another big temple in Nara Prefecture is Horyuji. This is the oldest temple in Japan and is a World Heritage Site.

I have been there many times. I hope someone who lives there can reply and give more details.

Comment

Re: exchange student

thanks for the answer,,

Comment

Working...
      X