Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I some tips on moving to Tokyo

Hey Everyone ...

Im planning on moving to Japan with 3 other people ... the plan now is to go to college for two years ... and then save up all our extra money for the trip over and then get a job in tokyo that will pay about 250000 - 300000 yen a month ... if all works out ... we'll have a decent apartment ... and split the costs to pay for the necessities ... and then the rest will be for whatever we want. I also plan on starting a band in tokyo ... at first just me and my friend playing some acoustic music ... but i want to find a drummer and a bassist that will join the band so we can bring i taste of Pennsylvania Reggae/ska to Japan. If anyone can give me tips on how to get started or make my plan better please respond. Thanks a ton .... Dave

Re: I some tips on moving to Tokyo

Do you plan on having a degree when you look for that first job? You'll probably need it. Your message wasn't clear on this.

What kind of job do you think you're going to be qualified for? Most non-teaching jobs will require high fluency in Japanese. Teaching jobs pay in the range you stated.

Look on this site's links to visa info to get you started on what visa requirements you have to meet, whether for teacher or musician.

Comment

I plan on going to a college but im not sure how long i have to go to school to get a teaching degree ... i would want to go to school for a short period of time . And what must i do when it comes to playing music in japan and do you think it will be hard to find other musicians.

Comment

i'ma do these like questions, hopefully the answers'll be easier to understand

1. I plan on going to a college but im not sure how long i have to go to school to get a teaching degree...

a. a four-year degree in dog catching is fine, if one got the contacts (ime). but it's like that everywhere?

2. And what must i do when it comes to playing music in japan

a. stand on a street corner with a guitar? works for some.
        why not check out some of the music websites like lfct (formerly trattoria i think), polystar, etc. for info and how-to connect?
        does the original poster speak japanese? better start.

3. and do you think it will be hard to find other musicians.

a. no, not at all imo
        harajuku/yoyogi on sunday has them all over the park...

good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X