Announcement Module
No announcement yet.


Top Module

getting a visa w/o a bachelors degree

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • getting a visa w/o a bachelors degree

    I'm planning to move to japan, hopefully this summer. I want to start off
    by going to a language school. I have been studying japanese in new york, private classes not at a university, and I want to continue my studies there. For better or worse I never went to college, instead I have been doing freelance work in window display for the past six years. Although I have worked for a multitude of large corporations there is no clear documentation of me being under the wing of any one company. Basically my question is how difficult will it be for me to get a visa to study there without having a bachelors? And if I did want to work how can I work around the hurdle of not having a degree? Also, what exactly defines an artists visa? If anyone can give me words of advice it would be greatly appreciatted? Feel free to email me. Thanks.

  • #2
    Re: getting a visa w/o a bachelors degree


    A degree is a requirement by immigration in order to get a working visa, not a student visa. If you want to study Japanese and not work here,you can get a student visa which does not require a university degree. You simply find a language school where you want to study and they will sponsor your student visa. You will likely need to be able to show you can support yourself but you can work part time to support yourself.

    You will not be able to work full time at a language school etc unless you have a degree, and I dont see how you can work full time and study full time at the same time.