X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working holiday visas

How long do they last, three months? Can you get them without a degree? I'm English.

Re: working holiday visas

http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/w_holiday/

Read for yourself there.

th

Comment

Thankyou. Can you just go for a holiday which isn't very long, like, a month or two without getting some kind of a visa? How long is the longest you can stay without a visa?

Comment

Yes. UK citizens can get a 3 month visa exemption on arrival, known incorrectly as a tourist visa!

Comment

Can you be any age for that? How would you go about getting one, in the same way as a working holiday visa?

(thankyou again!)

Comment

Just arrive in Japan.
            They (Immigration) will give you one as you arrive. It is a small stamp in your passport.
            Talk to a travel agent, they'll tell you how to get to Japan.

it is totally different to a Working Holiday Visa, and is based upon a reciprocal agreement with the UK.

Comment

And so with that you can't work at all, not even part-time?

I imagine I wouldn't be able to find work anyway because I don't speak any Japanese. I'm considering doing a Linguistics with Japanese degree but to do that I'd have to spend a year there, so basically I want to check out the country to see whether I'd like it. This next year (I finish this year of college in a few months) is going to be my gap year and I want to travel during it, so it makes sense for me to go to Japan.

Comment

You cannot legally work on a visa exemption.

Good idea to look at Japan for a few months. As a student you could legally work part-time, and support yourself that way, but you would have to be a bona fide enrolled student.

A WHV is always an option for you until you become 30.

Good luck

th

Comment

Working...
                X