X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SARS are we safe?

SARS has been spreading rapidly in Asia, is/could Japan (be) affected?
    Just how bad is the virus? As per CNN news, the virus can be transmited mostly by coughing or sneezing but it is also possible that the virus spread by airborne transmission or by inhabiting surfaces such as doorknobs.

It seems that only 3.8% of the people affected by SARS dies; the others will recover within seven days. Exactly who are the "3.8%"? young, old,female,male?

Has Japan found people with SARS symptoms?

Re: SARS are we safe?

No cases reported up to 12:00 today but with a 6-10 day incubation period, it does not mean much, especially with Japan's antiquated medical reporting system.

Read: http://www.who.int/csr/sars/en/

78 deaths out of 2223 cases. Detailed epidemiology not available.

Comment

I heard on the news that people with other medical complications cannot last the period needed for their bodies to conquer the invader. Also heard that the scientists are pretty confident about having discovered the culprit and have sent out info on how to use the blood products of people who have survived to help those who are battling by kick starting their own systems without having to wait for their system to reconize and fight the disease.

Comment

Japan Today reported about it at 7PM on April 3rd. See the article at:

http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content...&id=255279

Comment

Has everyone read the book by Stephen King
          called The Stand?

Comment

I posted this link on another message board and will post it here also. Read this article and keep a level head!!!

http://www.fumento.com/disease/sars.html

Comment

Yes Shonai Ben ....it was one of the first things that popped into my head when I heard about SARS one of the images from the book of a car careening down a deserted city street coming to a stop and the driver stumbling out of the car with his nose running eyes running also.....and there he dies has stayed with me since. Scary Scary Stuff.

Comment

Whatever happened to SARS? Did it go away?

Comment

Oh please. This whole SARS crap must be the biggest non-issue in the world. And why does it always pup up again when there is an otherwise slow news-day?

Comment

Don't dig up old threads!

Comment

Working...
                    X