Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonald's extends Mega Mac - have you tried it?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's extends Mega Mac - have you tried it?

Now now, Japanese seem to like the Mega Mac? I have not eaten in McDonalds in three years ... and this certainly will not make me go. Who eats this kind of stuff? have tried Mega?

McDonald's extends Mega Mac campaign to meet demand

[SIZE=2]Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at 12:41 EST[/SIZE] TOKYO — McDonald's Japan announced Tuesday that sales of the new Mega Mac for the first four days since its debut have far exceeded the expected amount of 1.68 million burgers with 3.32 million sold.
    Mega Mac, a hamburger with four patties, was originally to be a limited time offer, but the fast food chain announced that it will extend the period in order to meet the demand.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by steeny; 2007-01-19, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steeny
      Me.

Tastes like a Big Mac, but you have to open your mouth wider.

As you know by sucking down noodles, breathing at the same time completely changes the taste.

By having to contort your mouth to fit around it, the taste becomes more like tree bark, broiled to perfection over an open flame.
      Funny...
      How many can you eat?
      I think you cannot beat the world champion of hamubruger eating...

Comment

WTF this must be only in Japan. I've never seen it in the US.

And no, I don't plan on trying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky

Betcha it is not much bigger than a North Mrkan Big Mac.

Don't you think the standard Jpn Big Macs are smaller?

Comment

I ate one the other day. Pretty good.
            350yen or 380yen or so.
            I got a coupon to get one for 190yen as well

It was actually surprisingly easy to eat. I dont think the patties contain much to fill you up.

Comment

I doubt the US would dare try to upsize thier servings for a while after the 'supersize me' fiasco a couple of years ago.
              I could never see the problem here. Fat people shouldn't ask for supersize fries!. Thinner people should have the choice to eat what they bloody well want.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky

It actually existed for a while in North America in certain markets back in the 80's & 90's. Of course back then it was known as the "Double Big Mac". And in the 90's there was the short lived "Mega Mac" which I think only existed in Texas. This would have been the same as a regular Big Mac, but would have used the patties from a Quarter Pounder on a slightly larger bun.

And no, I never tried either one.

Comment

Mega Mac?

WTF?

It really is not surprising that the Japanese swarm to this. Let us take a few things into consideration:

1. It's Western.
                  2. It's kawaii....or however you spell it.
                  3. It's machismo....dude FOUR patties...you must be strong!
                  4. It's the same freaking burger the McD's has sold for years.....but yet...it is NEW! Just like Asahi or Kirin making the same beer that they have brewed for years...putting it in a new can....and calling it....guess what? NEW!
                  5. New is better!

Lemming mentality at it's best.......and worst.

Comment

Tried it but I found the MacGrande they sold a few years back a lot harder to eat.

Comment

The Mega Mac has 754 Kcal. If you take a set with fried potatos S and chicken (5pcs) the calories become 1300 without the drink.

One adult (Japanese) needs 1800-2200Kcal/day

Comment

Originally posted by Tristesse
                        The Mega Mac has 754 Kcal. If you take a set with fried potatos S and chicken (5pcs) the calories become 1300 without the drink.

One adult (Japanese) needs 1800-2200Kcal/day
                        Chuck in a chocolate milkshake & an apple pie and you're sorted for the day!

Comment

i TRIED to get one, just to say i ate atleast one, but they told me at the locatin i went to (kawaguchi, next to warabi sta.) that they didnt have any, and presented me with a coupon for one later at Y190. i asked why they didnt have any, and i didnt really understand the response, yet they had plenty of regular big macs there, if they have the 2 patty kind but not the 4 isnt it the exact same thing??

how can they have one of the same thing, but not of the the other exact same thing?? i should have just gotten 2 big macs and performed mega-mac surgery on the counter right there. but that would be downright nutty.

then the super cheap coupon would just increase demand no??

again, how can they have big mac, but not mega mac? what is the reasoning?!?!?!

Comment

well tomorrow is the day...
                            i been planning all week to have a megamac... building up to the bite, so to speak... if they dun have any ... i gonna cry.
                            mind you... there are like 5 Mcdriveby's in the fairly immediate vicinity... maybe if i hit them all and get a coupon from each... heehee

i think 2 megamacs would kill anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by eku
                              well tomorrow is the day...
                              i been planning all week to have a megamac... building up to the bite, so to speak... if they dun have any ... i gonna cry.
                              mind you... there are like 5 Mcdriveby's in the fairly immediate vicinity... maybe if i hit them all and get a coupon from each... heehee

i think 2 megamacs would kill anybody.
                              Deer,

Mcdriveby's are how McAlpine's sisters settle family disputes over that month's welfare cheques, or Structured Reparations, as they are now called.

I think you mean McDriveThru's.

Comment

Working...
                              X