X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski resorts near Tokyo

My husband is considering transfusing to his companyfs branch in Tokyo . This may not be for a number of months, so this gives us plenty of time to prepare, ask questions and learn some Japanese.
    Here are a couple of many questions I would like to ask.

Skiing:
    Where is the nearest ski resort to Tokyo, suitable for both Alpine and Cross-country?
    What are your experiences of Japanese ski resorts?

Swimming:
    Are there public swimming baths in Tokyo?

When in Rome...

you`re gonna love it here SRetro.....

the closer resorts aren`t maybe as good for cross country but still enjoyable..
    Tokyo station to Gala Yuzawa is about 90 mins,
    the train takes you right into the resort. You get off the train and you can rent everything there. Take your costume so you can enjoy a mixed hot spring after...

Lots of pools, but they tend to be a bit pricey and jam packed at the weekend...If your husband is on an expat package that allows for a housing allowance, theres a lot of places with adequate sized pools.(homat homes for example) You can join the YCAC or TAC, or better still, get it in the contract...

Oh, when you come over, any chance of some PG tips please...!!!

regards

Robert Akashi

Comment

What did the Romans ever do for us?

Thanks Robert, for the information. We have looked on line and found out about Gala Yuzawa, it looks great!!!
      When my husband next goes to Tokyo, we will contact you and bring some PG Tips. We have plenty (I buy catering size tea from Costco!!).

Comment

What blood type is your husband?

Comment

Originally posted by Chromedome
          What blood type is your husband?
          Very important to know if he's transfusing.

Comment

Originally posted by S-Retro
            My husband is considering transfusing to his companyfs branch in Tokyo . This may not be for a number of months, so this gives us plenty of time to prepare, ask questions and learn some Japanese.
            Here are a couple of many questions I would like to ask.

Skiing:
            Where is the nearest ski resort to Tokyo, suitable for both Alpine and Cross-country?
            What are your experiences of Japanese ski resorts?

Swimming:
            Are there public swimming baths in Tokyo?
            There is Yeti Ski Resort Center at Susono City in the Mountain Fuji area as well. They have plenty of snow even in the early autumn and it's also about 90min from Tokyo.

Comment

Working...
            X