X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help. Where to buy nyquil?

I've been horribly sick for the last 4 days. I live in Musashi Koganei, and have checked the drug stores, but no nyquil. Do they they just not sell this in Japan?

No. On the Isles of Yamato the only necessary medicine is a good dose of gaman. You also need to make sure you take the most crowded train car. Wear a silly mask at work so everyone knows you're sick and that you were still considerate enuf to go into work anyway. I promise you, after a few days you'll either feel better or everyone will be as sick as you.

Comment

Originally posted by intangibleq
      I've been horribly sick for the last 4 days. I live in Musashi Koganei, and have checked the drug stores, but no nyquil. Do they they just not sell this in Japan?
      No. Only on the military base PX or BX (if an air base)by virtue of being on sacred US soil... However, fat chance you'd be able to get access.

Just go to the drugstore - explain your symptoms to the best of your ability with the help of a Japanese-speaking friend or a dictionary - and for something like Y3,000 or so, the pharmacist will probably recommend something like Paburon (S or Gold) or BRON...

Paburon-S

Bron

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling
        No. Only on the military base PX or BX (if an air base)by virtue of being on sacred US soil... However, fat chance you'd be able to get access.

Just go to the drugstore - explain your symptoms to the best of your ability with the help of a Japanese-speaking friend or a dictionary - and for something like Y3,000 or so, the pharmacist will probably recommend something like Paburon (S or Gold) or BRON...

Paburon-S

Bron
        I'll try that out tomorrow if i am still sick. I went to the hospital and got prescribed 3 different things which are all ____. Hopefully I'm not still sick tomorrow.

Comment

I've been horribly sick for the last 4 days.
          And yet you sound surprisingly upbeat.

Comment

The All-Japan Association of School Nurses & Bullied Kid Babysitters, under the auspices of the Nihonjinron Medical Association, has reported that since hot water and soap is not available in most J-washrooms and everyone is expected to go to work/school when sick, it's impossible for colds and flus to be spread by germs. The only remaining possibility is that they're caused by weak constitutions, which would explain why colds and flus did not exist in Japan until 1947.

Edit: Over 6 months away from There and not a single sniffle, either out of emotion or of microbial origin. When Over There I couldn't go more than a month and a half w/o getting a cold. Perhaps the longing for nyquil represents a more basic desire or need.
            Last edited by Jacque_S; 2008-10-06, 02:51 AM.

Comment

i would imagine a shot of whiskey would have the same benefit as any night-time, sniffling, sneezing, runny-nose, dripping, coughing, so you can sleep medicine....

most medicines of that type really do nothing other than put you to sleep for four days until the body can cure itself.

Comment

Working...
              X