Fennel seeds/spice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fennel seeds/spice

Ok, so I have an urge for shepherds' pie. But, I cant seem to find any fennel seeds/spice. I've check a few import shops without luck. Has anyone seen this? If so, do tell where I can score some of this herb... Wait I'm not in Vangroover. I meant spice.

Kind regards

Originally posted by liamoko View Post
    Ok, so I have an urge for shepherds' pie. But, I cant seem to find any fennel seeds/spice. I've check a few import shops without luck. Has anyone seen this? If so, do tell where I can score some of this herb... Wait I'm not in Vangroover. I meant spice.

Kind regards
    Have you tried a garden centre? They seem to have most herbs that are not often available in supermarkets such as fresh basil and coriander. I'll check for you next time I go to one.

Comment

Kaldi.....

Comment

Originally posted by John Grey View Post
        Kaldi.....
        last time I was there, they were out. I'll check back maybe this weekend.

Thanks though.

Comment

Are there any Liquor Mountain or Yamaya stores near you???

Where are you, anyhoo??

If so, both would usually have that sort of stuff.

In case it helps, apparently fennel is the dried or seed version of ウイキョウ.

Whaddeva Da F dat iz.

Here's the Yamaya stores in Tokeeyo:

http://www.yamaya.jp/pages/store/index.html#tokyo

No Liquor Mountain east of Shizuoka, it seems.

Gomen-nasai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You could put some anise in instead. Tastes almost the same.

Comment

How difficult is it to get spices, dried herbs, condiments, etc in Japan at the moment? I'm a bit out of touch, until I get over there again in Aug., Sept.
              The reason I ask is that I have access to most Continental Deli items, having owned and operated Continental Delicatessens, prior to retiring to Tasmania, and could possibly post to Japan from Australia, if feasible.
              Last edited by oxymoron; 2012-04-21, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liamoko View Post

Kind regards
                Gaban imports/packages the stuff.... I saw it for sale at a Hankyu Oasis... JR Nishinomiya najio station...

Comment

Working...
                X