Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know where to buy Hommous and other good dips in Osaka?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know where to buy Hommous and other good dips in Osaka?

They sell Turkish bread at life but no hommous or any other kinds of dips to use with it. Anyone seen where to buy Hommous and various types of Tapanade?

Originally posted by eskatonia View Post
    They sell Turkish bread at life but no hommous or any other kinds of dips to use with it. Anyone seen where to buy Hommous and various types of Tapanade?
    As always, foreign food shops.

Comment

Originally posted by Trichophyton-in-my-pants View Post
      As always, foreign food shops.
      thanks for your incredibly helpful answer. I've checked a couple of foreign food shops in Shinshaibashi and they didn't have hommous or dips, if it was that easy I wouldn't be posting. Surely ordering online is not the only option?

Proper Hommous and Tapanades are fresh made and sold within a few days, if its so full or preservatives it survives 30 days shipping its not the stuff I want to eat.
      Last edited by eskatonia; 2012-04-28, 04:49 PM.

Comment

If you can be bothered, buy chickpeas and some garlic etc. and make your own. That's what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by ben_jarmin View Post
          If you can be bothered, buy chickpeas and some garlic etc. and make your own. That's what I do.
          yeah good point, it just seems strange to me that nowhere sells it.

Comment

yeah good point, it just seems strange to me that nowhere sells it.
            Seems to me that you answered your own question here: "Proper Hommous and Tapanades are fresh made and sold within a few days"
            No store wants to make and sell something that will only be bought by a few foreign customers!

Comment

Originally posted by BackDoor_Man View Post
              Seems to me that you answered your own question here: "Proper Hommous and Tapanades are fresh made and sold within a few days"
              No store wants to make and sell something that will only be bought by a few foreign customers!
              yeah but in the whole kansai area of 20 million plus you'd think there was enough demand for a couple of outlets. Doesn't take much to buy the ingredients and mix it up, Japan is pretty much the home of the ultra niche market.... witness the breadth of tiny bars that appeal to very very specific markets.

Comment

yeah but in the whole kansai area of 20 million plus you'd think there was enough demand for a couple of outlets. Doesn't take much to buy the ingredients and mix it up, Japan is pretty much the home of the ultra niche market.... witness the breadth of tiny bars that appeal to very very specific markets.
                I agree but as a businessman I would not invest or be interested in running as business that would depend on a small percentage of, a small percentage of the population. Which of those twenty plus million, foreigners are after all just a small percentage and foreigners interested in Hommous and Tapanades are even a smaller percentage. See Tiny bars are usually for the owners enjoyment and are lucky if they make enough money to stay in business!

Comment

Working...
                X