Diablo III : Whos playing and where

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo III : Whos playing and where

so Diablo 3 is going to launch in less than a week now. its been ages since iv indulged in video games but diablo is any is the one woth dusting off the old keyboard for. Anyone one else excited about this game? rain season is quickly approaching and this seems like a good way to stay sane. if anyone is playing, which region are you going to be on? AU? PST? i dont want to play on a japanese server, thats for sure.

Hack & slash , fight and die... and kiss your social life goodbye!

I wasted 5 years of my life playing Diablo 2. Definitely not going to do it again. Although I preordered it some monts ago lol. Just to check it out.. (I missed the beta)

This is one of the few games that can run on a mac so that's definitely another reason to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Genkii View Post
      Hack & slash , fight and die... and kiss your social life goodbye!

I wasted 5 years of my life playing Diablo 2. Definitely not going to do it again. Although I preordered it some monts ago lol. Just to check it out.. (I missed the beta)

This is one of the few games that can run on a mac so that's definitely another reason to check it out.
      yep! works on a mac! need to check it out. plus its about to be rain season. a game like this can prevent you from killing yourself. im not going to pass up a nice day in the park to play video games but i will get down while the weather sucks

Comment

2 days and i will receive it on my doormat!

Comment

2 days and i will receive it on my doormat!
          Hope it came with free shipping at least, it appears seeing that a internet connection will be required to play and blizzards online shop, you can download it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ericson View Post
            Hope it came with free shipping at least, it appears seeing that a internet connection will be required to play and blizzards online shop, you can download it as well.
            Nope, had to pay for extra shipping. But well worth it. I rather have the real copy in my hands. So I can smell the fresh printed manual. Digital download is just meh but I can download the digital client now also.

The game is so good and addicting I haven't logged in GP for 9 days and didn't miss it for a second

Comment

SO are we gonna get some first hand experiences or what. The only games I every saved up for when I was a kid was those from blizzard and westwood studios. Warcraft was great up to warcraft2 then command and conquer was my choice for the newer style games but still have to say that diablo was unbeatable. Apart from diablo the only other games that I got really into was transport tycoon when I was very young still and then myst, riven and exile. Wouldn't mind getting a copy of Diablo3 soon.

Comment

Been playing for an hour or so a day since launch.

Honestly, should have waited for some feedback from friends, because it just doesn't feel that exciting. Too easy and takes at least 20 hours to up the difficulty to reasonably challenging, no real PvP, items can be bought dirt cheap so no real reason to collect anything else but gold.

The real killer is that you can basically clear the game in all difficulty levels alone. There is absolutely no need to play with anyone, unless you want to, and since there is no PvP system, it is utterly useless to even have the online DRM attached. I haven't really had any connection issues or anything cause I play in a US server in times when the yanks are a sleep or at work, but I can relate to the frustration.

Good time waster with some beers and pals over VoIP, but can't see myself playing it in 1 month. I would rather have seen a new Warcraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Trichophyton-in-my-pants View Post
                  Been playing for an hour or so a day since launch.

Honestly, should have waited for some feedback from friends, because it just doesn't feel that exciting. Too easy and takes at least 20 hours to up the difficulty to reasonably challenging, no real PvP, items can be bought dirt cheap so no real reason to collect anything else but gold.

The real killer is that you can basically clear the game in all difficulty levels alone. There is absolutely no need to play with anyone, unless you want to, and since there is no PvP system, it is utterly useless to even have the online DRM attached. I haven't really had any connection issues or anything cause I play in a US server in times when the yanks are a sleep or at work, but I can relate to the frustration.

Good time waster with some beers and pals over VoIP, but can't see myself playing it in 1 month. I would rather have seen a new Warcraft.
                  PvP will come in a later stage!

It's the same as Diablo II, alot of left mouse clicking and endless grinding mobs for items. Either you love it or you hate it.

Normal difficulty is easy but it starts getting tougher at Nightmare. I guess you didn't play Hell or Inferno mode?

About the auction house. Yes it somewhat ruins the game. But it's also very convenient. I don't have endless time to grind for items like I did with D2 years ago when I was 15 lol.

Just don't compare the game to Diablo 2 because it's somewhat different.

I play on EU server. (Hardcore mode) If you decide to switch to EU server I could help you out with some gear.

Comment

Originally posted by ericson View Post
                    SO are we gonna get some first hand experiences or what. The only games I every saved up for when I was a kid was those from blizzard and westwood studios. Warcraft was great up to warcraft2 then command and conquer was my choice for the newer style games but still have to say that diablo was unbeatable. Apart from diablo the only other games that I got really into was transport tycoon when I was very young still and then myst, riven and exile. Wouldn't mind getting a copy of Diablo3 soon.
                    Get it. You won't regret it. Just don't try to compare it to Diablo II and just try to enjoy the game.

Comment

Normal difficulty is easy but it starts getting tougher at Nightmare. I guess you didn't play Hell or Inferno mode?
                      Not yet in Hell even (time is not as abundant as it used to be), but looking at the progress of some friends, they will beat the game on Inferno this week. Some random guy beat inferno with a barbarian a couple of nights ago. Alone.

I used to break mouses on Diablo II as well, and it was cool. I was just hoping a little bit more meat on the bones for III. Dunno what that would be, but maybe some Arena type PvP could work pretty swell. Waiting for the extra content.

Comment

Originally posted by Trichophyton-in-my-pants View Post
                        Not yet in Hell even (time is not as abundant as it used to be), but looking at the progress of some friends, they will beat the game on Inferno this week. Some random guy beat inferno with a barbarian a couple of nights ago. Alone.

I used to break mouses on Diablo II as well, and it was cool. I was just hoping a little bit more meat on the bones for III. Dunno what that would be, but maybe some Arena type PvP could work pretty swell. Waiting for the extra content.
                        Yeah that's Kripp. But he got alot of people farming gear for him 24/7 so it's not really fair to say Inferno is easy.

As we speak Blizzard is nerfing all skills right now. Smoke Screen from Demon Hunter is nerfed. There was a Demon Hunter that killed Diablo in 30 seconds on Inferno mode. There is a video on youtube.

Diamond skin (or whatever it's called) from wizard is nerfed. The Monk healing skill is nerfed also. They even confirmed they are looking into the barbarian's Revenge skill.

It's not balanced but when Diablo 2 was launched in 2002 it wasn't perfect also. Time will tell.

Comment

They even confirmed they are looking into the barbarian's Revenge skill.
                          I'm playing a barb, like always, and revenge is really a life saver, but hardly overpowered. It doesn't proc often enough. I haven't had the chance to try out other classes, but at least in the lower difficulty, all you need as a barb is a huge 2 hander, some +life stuff, and Revenge mapped to W. Gotta see how it develops, on my own leisure pace.

Comment

Level 50 barb in hell nearing the end of act 3 playing on European servers. Every elite pack is troublesome... Revenge and healing warcry with loads of life steal, heal on hit/kill necessary (still squishy). Some of the mobs put out insane damage inferno must be... tough.

Level 20 & 15 hunter and monk on Asian severs.

Comment

Sounds good, not quite the same, but I think I am going to wait till it is a bit cheaper. In the mean time I bought a copy of myst 4, I know, really old and not the same, but it has kept me busy for the past few days as well. I suppose I won't be able to wait in the end till it gets cheaper, so we will just wait till summer when bonusses come through and then grab a copy. Till then I'll be sticking to retro myst 4

Comment

Working...
                              X