Can I change the language on my TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I change the language on my TV

I own a Toshiba Regza 32R1BDP television and want to know if I can change the displays screens to English. I don't speak nor can I read Japanese so I can not check this out in the manual.
    I don't use the TV for watching Japanese TV, I use it for gaming and watching DVD's. But I want to start using it to watch TV I stream via my laptop.
    But to set my laptop up to the TV I need to be able to read the display on the TV.
    Can anyone help?

When I came to Japan, I just played with the menus until I started to figure out what was going on. In this case, you probably want to look for something like 言語 (language), or even 日本語 (Japanese). That said, your TV may be monolingual.

Comment

I found the manual here:

http://www.toshiba-living.jp/dl.php?...fw=1&pid=12902

IN japanese. Searched for an English menu option which is NOT available on your telly. Only an option to set the broadcast in English (not sure what that means)

sol mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
        When I came to Japan, I just played with the menus until I started to figure out what was going on. In this case, you probably want to look for something like 言語 (language), or even 日本語 (Japanese). That said, your TV may be monolingual.
        Did that but without understand Japanese be careful as you might accidentally subscribe to a few channels you dont want or completely messing up your tv settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kokeshi.Dee View Post
          I own a Toshiba Regza 32R1BDP television and want to know if I can change the displays screens to English. I don't speak nor can I read Japanese so I can not check this out in the manual.
          I don't use the TV for watching Japanese TV, I use it for gaming and watching DVD's. But I want to start using it to watch TV I stream via my laptop.
          But to set my laptop up to the TV I need to be able to read the display on the TV.
          Can anyone help?
          What - no elementary school child in sight? Better get some assistance....

Comment

Originally posted by wernst View Post
            Only an option to set the broadcast in English (not sure what that means)
            Some broadcasts (NHK news and movies) are available in both Japanese and a second language (usually English), this means setting the TV to the audio channel that has the English language on it.

Did that but without understand Japanese be careful as you might accidentally subscribe to a few channels you dont want or completely messing up your tv settings.
            I messed up my settings a number of times. But in figuring out how to fix them, I learned a lot of (tv setting related) Japanese!

Comment

I'm too scared to do this in case I set an auto time and the TV comes on at some ungodly our of the morning. But thanks for the advice.

Comment

I know how to change it to watch a show in English (if and when available), its the actual menus I want to change.
                cheers though!

Some broadcasts (NHK news and movies) are available in both Japanese and a second language (usually English), this means setting the TV to the audio channel that has the English language on it.

I messed up my settings a number of times. But in figuring out how to fix them, I learned a lot of (tv setting related) Japanese!

Comment

Cheers, thanks for looking and replying.

Dee

I found the manual here:

http://www.toshiba-living.jp/dl.php?...fw=1&pid=12902

IN japanese. Searched for an English menu option which is NOT available on your telly. Only an option to set the broadcast in English (not sure what that means)

sol mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X