X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiniSD card - I`m confused.

OK, I don`t know anything about computers and I hope someone would be so kind as to help me out.

I just got a new keitai and it has a miniSD card that I can use. It`s my first time dealing with one of these. Anyway, I`ve taken some pictures and I want to attach the card (which has an adapter to fit into computers) to a hard drive and put my pics into my e-mail account.

No internet cafe I`ve been to seems to have a port for MiniSD disks. Are they strictly a laptop thing?

Also, my phone came with a USB cable that I can connect from my keitai to the hard drive, but whenever I try to use it it keeps prompting me to install software.

It doesn`t help that all of this is in Japanese, either.

Any advice on how to get my pisc onto a computer without having to email them all individually from my phone?

Cheers,

TenaciousMe

You need an adaptor for it, available from any one of the major PC stores. Just walk in and show then your card.

Then one of those multi card reader/ writers, with a built in USB cable, such as made by Buffalo or IO Data.

Just say:

Mini SD adaputa cardo, pc setsuzoku onegaishimasu.
    to
    11:1 cardo maruchi reeda/ raita USB onegaishimasu

They'll understand.

Comment

Just as the post above says (so follow that advice), the Buffalo (or other major brand) card reader is the best solution I know. You can buy these just about anywhere now--home centers, camera shops, electronics retailers.

If you are looking to put the card into an existing port, be careful. One adaptor seems to make it fit like a regular SD card. Another makes it fit into an older PC card slot. I guess it depends on where you want to stick it to offload the photos. You might also try a USB connection between your camera and your pc. Did your phone come with any software discs for USB on a pc?

My very small Victor notebook has ports/holes for just about every type of memory card imaginable.

The machines at the chain camera shops do too. That would be if you want to make prints mostly.
      Last edited by Nick Halliday; 2005-12-02, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Halliday
        You might also try a USB connection between your camera and your pc. Did your phone come with any software discs for USB on a pc?
        Eh? Let me help you with that

Originally posted by TenaciousMe
        Also, my phone came with a USB cable that I can connect from my keitai to the hard drive, but whenever I try to use it it keeps prompting me to install software.

It doesn`t help that all of this is in Japanese, either.
        Presumably this is not a solution when you're looking at mailing from an Internet Cafe, where (hopefully) users can't install software and drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Minderbinder
          Eh? Let me help you with that

Presumably this is not a solution when you're looking at mailing from an Internet Cafe, where (hopefully) users can't install software and drivers.
          Oops, somehow I was thinking the person has a desktop computer at least--wrong assumption.

Come to think of it, I don't know any internet cafe that would want me to hook up any USB device to their computers. Perhaps the best solution would be to get an SD card adapter that turns the mini into a regular, and then take it to a photo shop where you can burn all the photos onto a CD. Or perhaps the machines at the photo shops now take the mini directly. It would be worth asking. The other solution of adapting the miniSD to a PC card sounds worth mentioning, though I've never done it (I've adapted a mini up to a regular SD, and inserted it into a notebook computer, and I've adapted a regular SD to a PC card configuration and inserted that into an older computer).

I think a national chain photo shop might be the best place to start looking for solutions.

Comment

Hello everyone.

Got an issue with my mini SD card that I run in my Docomo PS901is phone. I brought a 256MB card for the phone and everything was working sweet until I brought a SD card reader for it, and plugged it into my computer (Apple iBook G4) and when i ejected the card from the computer and put back into my phone it no longer works. I cant seem to format the card from the phone, and if i format it on my computer then its not going to work on the phone anyway.

Does anyone have any advice for what i can do? I only viewed the photos on the card, there were no alterations made to the card manually. It is all a little confusing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve-O

Comment

Pickachu, how come you only come here when you need advice? You never want to just hang out with us, do you? It's always about what YOU can get out of it. It's all about you and your PC, you and your mobile phone.
              You, you, you!!

Comment

Hehe, ok i apologise for being greedy, i will go and sit in my room and think about what I have done. Do i need to clean my room while im there???

But afterwards when im alllowed out can I play Nintendo?

Please, pretty please!!!!

PS: Got the SD card sorted, and i will be hanging around here now, damn good forums too! always though Gaijinpot was the bi-weekly annoyance email in my inbox! Damn how wrong I was!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X