X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softbank wifi pocket horrible

So I have now had the wifi pocket from softbank and I have to say it is the worst internet I have ever had in my life. They advertise a certain speed but what they don't mention is that you are sharing your speed with everyone in your immediate area who has one as well.

Rather than the independent internet that they are advertising it as, it is merely a router that taps into the same local connection others are drawing from. As a result, I find that at peak times (7pm to midnight), I get about 20k a second. Not enough to even watch a youtube video.

Does anyone else have experience with softbank wifi pocket? I would regret not going with wimax but you need a credit card to get that.

MODS!

Create a Softbank is horrible section.

Comment

Terrible!

Yeah I fell into their misleading trap in September. Now I'm stuck using their terrible service for a year and a half. At the time I bought a new Mac and I havent yet been able to fully enjoy it. I wish I could get out of this contract with out paying through the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by jacf29 View Post
        So I have now had the wifi pocket from softbank and I have to say it is the worst internet I have ever had in my life. They advertise a certain speed but what they don't mention is that you are sharing your speed with everyone in your immediate area who has one as well.

Rather than the independent internet that they are advertising it as, it is merely a router that taps into the same local connection others are drawing from. As a result, I find that at peak times (7pm to midnight), I get about 20k a second. Not enough to even watch a youtube video.

Does anyone else have experience with softbank wifi pocket? I would regret not going with wimax but you need a credit card to get that.
        I used Au for my internet and it was quite fast. I didn't need a credit card to get it. I chose it because I could get unlimited internet at a decent rate, somewhere around 5,000 a month, and was only 10,000 cancellation fee. Also as a gift for signing up with them they gave me 10,000 cash on the spot which I then used to cancel once I moved into my new apartment which had free internet :P

Comment

I Stand Corrected

I figured out the problem with my pocket wifi device (softbank007Z). It was so simple. I didn't realize that the signal was so temperamental on one side of my room at first. The light on the screen would go out pretty quickly, so I didn't see that the signal was fluctuating from 4 bars to 0 bars. I simply moved the device to the other side of the room and my internet is really fast now. No problems at all. Sorry Softbank.

Comment

Working...
          X