Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

how can i use my samsung galaxy s2  (global version) with SoftBank white plan?  

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i use my samsung galaxy s2  (global version) with SoftBank white plan?  

I am using iPhone 4s 3g with SoftBank white plan (unlimited data plan) And i have a galaxy s2 which i buy from india i really don't like iPhone and need to use my s2 so i have put the sim card into s2. s2 dont have micro sim try but surprisely network come and i can recive and make calls and also can send text msg but others service like picture  msg internet nothing work i have visit lots of site and try lots of tricks but the internet enable icon like "H" , "E" is still disappeared from screen! if any one can fix it , so kindly help me please. i am providing the model details here 
    Model - Samsung Galaxy S|| GT-I9100G.
    Android Version-2.3.6(upgradable) 
    Baseband version-19100GDDKI1.
    kernel version-2.3.35.7
    root@DELL88#2.

** if any one have practical experience to use global version of andriod (non soft bank phone) with soft unlimited data plan kindly share the procudure please !   

with regards 
    partha dey   
    Last edited by ami100te100; 2012-05-20, 06:35 AM.

Originally posted by ami100te100 View Post
    I am using iPhone 4s 3g with SoftBank white plan (unlimited data plan) And i have a galaxy s2 which i buy from india i really don't like iPhone and need to use my s2 so i have put the sim card into s2. s2 dont have micro sim try but surprisely network come and i can recive and make calls and also can send text msg but others service like picture  msg internet nothing work i have visit lots of site and try lots of tricks but the internet enable icon like "H" , "E" is still disappeared from screen! if any one can fix it , so kindly help me please. i am providing the model details here 
    Model - Samsung Galaxy S|| GT-I9100G.
    Android Version-2.3.6(upgradable) 
    Baseband version-19100GDDKI1.
    kernel version-2.3.35.7
    root@DELL88#2.

** if any one have practical experience to use global version of andriod (non soft bank phone) with soft unlimited data plan kindly share the procudure please !   

with regards 
    partha dey   
    If you want to do things the proper way you need to visit the shop and switch your account to the proper bring-your-own-handset plan.

See this link for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by evilone View Post
      If you want to do things the proper way you need to visit the shop and switch your account to the proper bring-your-own-handset plan.

See this link for more information.
      It is technically possible w/o going to the shop.

You need to install the APNs for SoftBank (grey sim card and black sim card use different apns) and perhaps push SoftBank's MMS app to your /system/app.

I don't know if your comfortable about rooting your phone so I'll stop here. If you are, I can elaborate what I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by gloomy650 View Post
        It is technically possible w/o going to the shop.

You need to install the APNs for SoftBank (grey sim card and black sim card use different apns) and perhaps push SoftBank's MMS app to your /system/app.

I don't know if your comfortable about rooting your phone so I'll stop here. If you are, I can elaborate what I'm saying.
        hello.
        i kind of having the same problem with the OP..
        i will come to japan in this october, and i have a galaxy nexus (rooted of course).. and i kind of familiar messing with my system partition
        anyway.. i want to use my phone in japan,so what must i do to use softbank service as you have mentioned before? do i have to buy the sim card and where to buy it? and what to do afterwards? (eg. adding APNs,pushing settings, etc.)

thanks for your answer

Comment

Originally posted by loveact View Post
          hello.
          i kind of having the same problem with the OP..
          i will come to japan in this october, and i have a galaxy nexus (rooted of course).. and i kind of familiar messing with my system partition
          anyway.. i want to use my phone in japan,so what must i do to use softbank service as you have mentioned before? do i have to buy the sim card and where to buy it? and what to do afterwards? (eg. adding APNs,pushing settings, etc.)

thanks for your answer
          First off, you've got one of the FEW overseas models that will have connectivity on Softbank's new frequency band . Anything else and I'd advise chucking the handset and getting a carrier subsidy handset.

You can go to any Softbank shop to get a sim card issued. Best if you print out the port-in (BYO handset) page off Softbank's site, as its not a common occurrance and much sucking of teeth may occur as they try to figure out what to do. The SIM should have APNs loaded on it already like in most other countries, but the shop should be able to help you. The particular APN you need to use will depend on what particular SIM they give you (docomo has at least 5 APNs that I know of and Softbank has at least 4), I haven't heard yet whether its the normal one they provide for smartphones or not.

Comment

First off, you've got one of the FEW overseas models that will have connectivity on Softbank's new frequency band . Anything else and I'd advise chucking the handset and getting a carrier subsidy handset.

You can go to any Softbank shop to get a sim card issued. Best if you print out the port-in (BYO handset) page off Softbank's site, as its not a common occurrance and much sucking of teeth may occur as they try to figure out what to do. The SIM should have APNs loaded on it already like in most other countries, but the shop should be able to help you. The particular APN you need to use will depend on what particular SIM they give you (docomo has at least 5 APNs that I know of and Softbank has at least 4), I haven't heard yet whether its the normal one they provide for smartphones or not.
            well yes, my phone is a pentaband gsm-phone, and i think it will work with softbank 3G network

is it quite hard to get the sim card? what's the requirement? because i've read that the japanese are quite harsh with gaijin regarding the sim card/phone number acquisition.
            1 last question. can i get the keitai mail address using the way you've mentioned?

Comment

well yes, my phone is a pentaband gsm-phone, and i think it will work with softbank 3G network

is it quite hard to get the sim card? what's the requirement? because i've read that the japanese are quite harsh with gaijin regarding the sim card/phone number acquisition.
              1 last question. can i get the keitai mail address using the way you've mentioned?
              Just need to satisfy the normal ID requirements. (Passport+Residence Card or Insurance Card+Credit Card or Juminhyo+Insurance Card or any of the other valid combinations. I use Insurance plus Credit Card so there's no visa-requirements to deal with)

You won't get a keitai mail address as far as I know, the keitai mail apps are pretty deeply tied into the carrier-specific libraries. Without being able to extract libraries off of a similar-architecture japanese phone it won't work.

Comment

Just need to satisfy the normal ID requirements. (Passport+Residence Card or Insurance Card+Credit Card or Juminhyo+Insurance Card or any of the other valid combinations. I use Insurance plus Credit Card so there's no visa-requirements to deal with)

You won't get a keitai mail address as far as I know, the keitai mail apps are pretty deeply tied into the carrier-specific libraries. Without being able to extract libraries off of a similar-architecture japanese phone it won't work.
                I've made prepaid e-mail working. @softbank.ne.jp work under specific proxies and sometimes rely on user agent strings. It's a pain to get it working. Also, mail sometimes won't work when WiFi is on as HSDPA/LTE is dormant. I'll post later with the exact settings to make that work if anyone wants. Or PM me whatever.

Comment

Another thing, Softbank band VIII service was started literally this week. Prior to that the only 3G spectrum they were using (other than their semi-proprietary mobile-wifi) was band I 2100MHz, and their data network was by far the worst of the big 3.

Comment

Originally posted by gloomy650 View Post
                    I've made prepaid e-mail working. @softbank.ne.jp work under specific proxies and sometimes rely on user agent strings. It's a pain to get it working. Also, mail sometimes won't work when WiFi is on as HSDPA/LTE is dormant. I'll post later with the exact settings to make that work if anyone wants. Or PM me whatever.
                    i'll wait for your tutorial
                    or please PM me..

so,is it POSSIBLE for me to bring my phone to japan,get a sim card there,using call/data/sms and have a keitai email that can actually work?

Another thing, Softbank band VIII service was started literally this week. Prior to that the only 3G spectrum they were using (other than their semi-proprietary mobile-wifi) was band I 2100MHz, and their data network was by far the worst of the big 3.
                    which frequency band does that new service using? so,with the activation of band VIII, their data network will be better. no?

Comment

Working...
                    X