X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning in Nagoya??????

Hi. I got accepted to The Yamasa Institute in Okazaki. But I don`t think I will be able to prove I have the tutition by the deadline of January 20th. I`m devastated! I am currently in Fujigaoka. Is there any affordable language schools in Nagoya, preferably ones where you can apply right now???? I`m so desperate because Japan is just my life! I`m sure all of you understand how I feel. Thanks.

Margo

Re: Learning in Nagoya??????

Nagoya, Nanzan University has a special Language exchange program.

Google 'nanzan nagoya'

Comment

you dont want yamasa anyway. trust me. if you really want to learn japanese that is. if you just want to stay in japan, that is different.

almost all the westerners that go there leave with a bad taste in their mouth.

Comment

Jason,

I'm interested in why most Westerners who go to Yamasa leave with a bad taste in their mouths. Please explain. Thanks!

Comment

Probably because they always have to blow their teachers

Comment

Jason, we are waiting for an explanation.

Comment

what exactly do you want to know? i dont really feel like explaining particulars to a bunch of people i dont know, but i will at least tell you this much. they teach japanese to college educated adults exactly the way english is taught to middle school kids. they play stupid games, etc, and the way they treat you like a middle school kid is quite belittling. you have no say in anything, most people are either wanting to be in a higher class or lower class, but they wont change it. they kind of false advertise in saying that they teach japanese as a language, meaning you practice everything. but really, its just a jlpt cram school. and despite the fact that learning japanese is not a requirement for anything, and that people have chosen to come to japan and have chosen yamasa, and the fact that it is very expensive to do so, they never treat you as a customer, never respect you. they think of themselves as if japanese were a requirement, and that everyone has to do it, and the fact that you are ALLOWED at yamasa means you are priveleged, but that priveledge is frail, so you better be careful or they just might take that priveledge away from you. they act like they chose you, not the other way around. their equipment is old and doesnt work well, etc etc. they use copies of copies of tapes so that everyone sounds like they are under water. kinda strange, since they are supposed to be nonprofit, why are they such cheap ass bastards?

thats about it for the general stuff, well the important stuff anyway. there is much more, but not gonna put it here. peace out.

all i wanted to do was learn japanese in a challenging environment.....

Comment

Working...
              X