Japanese lessons over skype?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese lessons over skype?

Has anyone ever tried doing Japanese lessons over skype? Due to my currently schedule I am thinking about it. I am really trying to find a way I can take Japanese lessons 4-5 times a week (gotta learn it) and the idea on being able to do this from my house instead of traveling 30-50 minutes interest me.

Has anyone tried it? Have you heard about it? Know of any good companies?

yeah, I just did one, It is not as bad as I thought it would be. Crappy though for a beginner though I think. For me I have different requirements and it works well I think

Comment

My roommate did English lessons over skype and seemed to like it, but he's already an advanced speaker. For him, it was just conversation practice and maintenance. If you're at a beginner level, I've got to imagine it'll be pretty difficult. I'm horrible at making out Japanese over the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by alanperez View Post
        Has anyone ever tried doing Japanese lessons over skype? Due to my currently schedule I am thinking about it. I am really trying to find a way I can take Japanese lessons 4-5 times a week (gotta learn it) and the idea on being able to do this from my house instead of traveling 30-50 minutes interest me.

Has anyone tried it? Have you heard about it? Know of any good companies?
        I teach Japanese and English over Skype and Yahoo Messenger. It's pretty good considering the money students and instructors can save on transportation, venues, and snacks etc... I think the biggest advantage is being able to have frequent and regular sessions. Being able to type out the spellings of words and phrases on the chat window while talking is just like having a white board to utilize. I don't know what others charge, but my students stick with it, so I assume it's working for them. As with anything..., you should do it on a trial basis first and decide whether it's for you. And one should never pay too far in advance, unless a significant discount accompanies the purchase.

Comment

thanks for the advice. I think I am going to see if I can do a trial lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by alanperez View Post
            thanks for the advice. I think I am going to see if I can do a trial lesson.
            Why not...? They're usually free.

Comment

Originally posted by Welesley View Post
              yeah, I just did one, It is not as bad as I thought it would be. Crappy though for a beginner though I think. For me I have different requirements and it works well I think
              What company did you use. All the ones I am finding seem..... cheap. Not to professional and their websites look they they were made by high school kids.

Comment

Does this one look serious enough?
                => http://www.language-exchanges.org/

vocabulary building, podcasts, skype, etc
                => http://nihongo.3yen.com/

And a cold Cro to celebrate my 1664th post

Chin!
                Last edited by davai.davai; 2010-01-12, 03:47 AM.

Comment

just wanted to give an update.

I went to http://loving-japan.com/japan/ and got a trial lesson. The tutor seemed nice and understanding of my needs.

I just finished my first week of it. (5 days) So far I like it and think it was a good choice.

Comment

Working...
                  X