Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone translate these three things for me?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse



X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can someone translate these three things for me?

    Hey, so I'm looking to get the kanji characters for LOVE, KARMA, and FATE, done onto my body and I'm not sure what they look like. If you can, can you post an image of each so I have something to start with, I wanna get them done in a month so hope it won't take long for a response XD

    THANKS!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Zen this View Post
    Hey, so I'm looking to get the kanji characters for LOVE, KARMA, and FATE, done onto my body and I'm not sure what they look like. If you can, can you post an image of each so I have something to start with, I wanna get them done in a month so hope it won't take long for a response XD

    THANKS!
    So... You want to get three characters that you won't understand etched permanently on to your body and your source for a reliable and trustworthy translation is an internet bulletin board? Best of luck.

    Look forward to seeing you soon here:

    http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/

    Comment


    • #3
      While you have the right idea in confirming that you are getting the right kanji tattooed, please reconsider this. Because Japanese and English do not share a common root, the meanings of words are not exactly the same in each language. Nuances are different. On top of this, when Japanese people see this, they just think that you are weird. Better to get the words tattooed in a font you like in your own language. Then you will know exactly what they say, and you will know that what it says is correct.

      Kanji tattoos have this cool image in many western countries, but to anyone from here or who has lived here, they are quite cheesy. I'd be embarassed to visit Japan if I had one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Japanese people/Yaks generally don't have kanji as tatoos because it is lame. They have pictures. I suggest you do the same.
         Use an online dictionary to get your kanji if that's what you really want. Don't trust people in a forum to give you the right answer.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Zen this View Post
          Hey, so I'm looking to get the kanji characters for LOVE, KARMA, and FATE, done onto my body and I'm not sure what they look like. If you can, can you post an image of each so I have something to start with, I wanna get them done in a month so hope it won't take long for a response XD

          THANKS!

          LOVE 愛、愛情、恋愛
          KARMA no idea
          FATE 運命

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Zen this View Post
            Hey, so I'm looking to get the kanji characters for LOVE, KARMA, and FATE, done onto my body and I'm not sure what they look like. If you can, can you post an image of each so I have something to start with, I wanna get them done in a month so hope it won't take long for a response XD

            THANKS!
            Love--売春婦
            Karma--猿
            Fate--死出

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
              Love--売春婦
              Karma--猿
              Fate--死出
              And this is what you get for coming to an online forum to ask strangers for advice!

              First one is not Love but prostitue.
              Second one is moneky
              Last one is death!

              Kansaiben had the correct ones. But like others I would think kanji tatoos are cheesy at best and tacky at worst.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by biking View Post
                And this is what you get for coming to an online forum to ask strangers for advice!

                First one is not Love but prostitue.
                Second one is moneky
                Last one is death!

                Kansaiben had the correct ones. But like others I would think kanji tatoos are cheesy at best and tacky at worst.
                It's prostitute--you misspelled it. And it's monkey. Two out of three you got wrong--you must teach English.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Love--バカ
                  Karma--車母
                  Fate--アホ

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chromedome View Post
                    Love--バカ
                    Karma--車母
                    Fate--アホ
                    the katakana ones were stupid but i laughed out loud at the karma one. lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chromedome View Post
                      Karma--車母
                      Hah! Small audience, but good punchline

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
                        It's prostitute--you misspelled it. And it's monkey. Two out of three you got wrong--you must teach English.
                        Thanks for picking up on the spelling issues. Typos - just goes to show you how that could translate to body art so easily! Not an English teacher and English is not my first language either!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Geez, I can't believe the people here are trying to screw with the OP so much. It's pretty clear the OP is a smart, intelligent person who has made an important, permanent decision like getting a tattoo and has decided to entrust the rendering to the public here.

                          What could possibly motivate someone to try to take advantage of such an individual?

                          Anyway, OP, I think that if you try to put all those terms on yourself it'll be kanji overload. I therefore humbly suggest the following, which is kind of an embodiment of love, karma, fate, destiny, intelligence, beauty, etc.

                          馬鹿

                          Good luck!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Agitator View Post
                            Geez, I can't believe the people here are trying to screw with the OP so much. It's pretty clear the OP is a smart, intelligent person who has made an important, permanent decision like getting a tattoo and has decided to entrust the rendering to the public here.

                            What could possibly motivate someone to try to take advantage of such an individual?

                            Anyway, OP, I think that if you try to put all those terms on yourself it'll be kanji overload. I therefore humbly suggest the following, which is kind of an embodiment of love, karma, fate, destiny, intelligence, beauty, etc.

                            馬鹿

                            Good luck!

                            or this one

                            間抜け

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
                              LOVE 愛、愛情、恋愛
                              KARMA no idea
                              FATE 運命
                              Would karma be: http://www.tribalshapes.com/categori...nji-karma.html

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X