X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Study for Advanced Japanese

I lived in Japan for 10 years before relocating back home in 2010. I am starting to feel I need to study again because I can feel I am losing it a bit.

I passed level 1 of JLPT long ago and do freelance translation sometimes, I even use it in my job now, but I can tell my Japanese is not what it used to be, and I can't afford to let it get any worse.

So, does any body know of any online places that offer advanced stuff? Business Japanese and real, spoken Japanese would also be pluses.

No one?

Anyone know anything about nihongo-pro.com or joi - japonin.com?

Comment

Originally posted by TenisuBaka View Post
      No one?

Anyone know anything about nihongo-pro.com or joi - japonin.com?
      I highly recommend you try nihongo-pro. They have certified teachers with lots of time schedules and their website says they offer a free trial lesson, so you have nothing to lose.
      Last edited by Jinkers; 2012-05-07, 11:07 AM.

Comment

buy movies and books

Comment

WTF with everyone wanting all this on-line ____e? Why not root out the local Japanese community and get to know people, best language exchange in the world, plus it is free!

Comment

Originally posted by BackDoor_Man View Post
            WTF with everyone wanting all this on-line ____e? Why not root out the local Japanese community and get to know people, best language exchange in the world, plus it is free!
            Well, I do that. Though there isn't much of a community here in Dallas, I of course do as you suggest. My average day is more in Japanese than English, but typically people's daily conversation is always the same, and no one will progress in a language much after they have mastered that.

By the way, if reading forums stresses you out this much, maybe you should find something to do that has a more positive effect on your well being.

Comment

Originally posted by TenisuBaka View Post
              Well, I do that. Though there isn't much of a community here in Dallas, I of course do as you suggest. My average day is more in Japanese than English, but typically people's daily conversation is always the same, and no one will progress in a language much after they have mastered that..
              Read the Japanese Nikkei. Watch a Japanese movie. Study Kanji. How about buying the Dictionary of Japanese Grammar which has lots of examples of grammar to learn. How does one have a conversation using the Internet?

Comment

Working...
              X