Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scholarship for studying Japanese?

Hi all,
    I recently learned of a government scholarship for studying Chinese in China at any University that falls under the program. Apparently many are selected and it's not so difficult to get, from what I've heard. How about in Japan... has anyone heard of any scholarships for studying Japanese?

I appreciate the help!

Originally posted by derekhhh View Post
    Hi all,
    I recently learned of a government scholarship for studying Chinese in China at any University that falls under the program. Apparently many are selected and it's not so difficult to get, from what I've heard. How about in Japan... has anyone heard of any scholarships for studying Japanese?

I appreciate the help!
    Google Monkagakusho scholarship. Run by the Ministry of Education, the only one offered by the government here.

http://beasiswainfo.com/monbukagakus...-students.html

Comment

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
      Google Monkagakusho scholarship. Run by the Ministry of Education, the only one offered by the government here.

http://beasiswainfo.com/monbukagakus...-students.html
      i appreciate the help. I have in fact heard of that one. Have you, or has anyone, heard whether this is a difficult scholarship to get? My GPA was pretty average when I was in my BA program, so if that's the main factor, I won't bother trying.

Comment

Originally posted by derekhhh View Post
        i appreciate the help. I have in fact heard of that one. Have you, or has anyone, heard whether this is a difficult scholarship to get? My GPA was pretty average when I was in my BA program, so if that's the main factor, I won't bother trying.
        A GPA doesnt appear to be a consideration as many international students come from countries which dont have GPA scores. Also a Monkasho scholarship is for people who want to get a graduate Masters degrees. Most Masters degrees are not in studying Japanese language only. (Its assumed if you are studying at a Japanese university you have the language chops in order to apply for a place anyway)

Applicant must be a graduate from a Japanese university or have academic ability equal or superior to that of a Japanese university graduate. A person will be deemed to have academic ability equal or superior to that of a university graduate, if he/she
        [1] has completed or will complete a 16-year school curriculum in a foreign country (or an 18-year school curriculum if he/she desires to enroll in a doctoral course in the field of medicine, dentistry or veterinary science, or pharmacy which is founded on a 6 -year department or faculty); or
        [2] is or will be aged 22 or older and has taken an individual entrance qualification examination and has been judged by a graduate school as being equal or superior in academic ability to a university graduate (or 24 or older if he/she desires to enroll in a doctoral course in the field of medicine, dentistry or veterinary science, or pharmacy which is founded on a 6-year department or faculty).
        Note: Eligible applicants include those who otherwise satisfy or will satisfy qualification requirements for admission to a Japanese graduate school. As a general rule, a person who has completed a doctoral course may not apply unless he/she seeks to obtain a degree.
        Last edited by KansaiBen; 2012-04-15, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X