X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . . missing person / help please

I hope somebody is in a position to help me with my problem. I urgently need to find a Japanese national, and I have no idea whether this person is even in Japan or not, but I really really need to find her. Without going too deeply, here's the situation - she came to Australia a few years ago on a one-year working visa, we met, she got pregnant and we had a son. She had a lot of problems with her family, who suspected there was a baby but weren't sure, and she went back to Japan to sort things out with them. And that was the last time we saw her. Since that time there has been no contact whatsoever, and her family have never given out any information as to her whereabouts. I have been bringing up the boy on my own, and we do really well together. Unfortunately, the little guy is very sick, and I urgently need to contact his mother. It is really that important!

So far, I have contacted the Japanese Embassy in Canberra and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but neither were able (or willing) to help me. After going through the entire story over and over again to them and offering all kinds of documentation, they wouldn't even confirn for me whether or not she was still in Japan. All they would say, over and over again, was that they don't give out this kind of information.

Is there any other way I can find this person? The first thing I need to know is if she is in Japan? Does anybody have any contacts anywhere who would be able to check this kind of information? I don't know how it can be done, but maybe somebody who has been in Japan for a long time knows somebody who has access to this kind of information. I'm sure there are many people out there who know what to do.

I won't put her name here because I don't want to cause any problems for her (or her family), but if anybody knows of some way of getting this information, I will be eternally grateful to you.

I desperately need to contact her.!!

Can somebody help me please ???

Michael Jessen

Re: . . missing person / help please

Don't know if this will help you but, a person belongs to a family in Japan, and it is written in the family record - koseki tohon - kept at the ward office.

If she did not leave her family when she got married to you, she could be traced from that document as records have to be kept up to date at the ward office, and if she lives elsewhere and registers again, they would refer to it.

But you would have to know her families address for that.

However, there has to be a valid request from some sort of public officer to inspect the tree - some fraud perpetuated of late, and access has been tightened. An Australian embassy request might be possible, but Japan is notorious for not cooperating with other countries. Private investigators may be able to access that, but they may have to use some subterfugue.

If she left the family, she might have set up her own family record in another city, under another name - very hard to find.

Bear in mind that 25-30,000 Japanese disappear in Japan for one reason or another, most of them are not found, or do not want to be found. On top of that a number of Asians also disappear here, and no effort is made to trace them, especially the ones who came in illegally.

Good luck

Trip Hop

Comment

One more for you.

Teikoku Detective Agency
      Tel 03-3403-5151
      Tel 03-3404-9927
      Fax 03-3401-1948

4-20-1 Sendagaya, Shibuya,ku, Tokyo

They do missing persons (family only), and confidential investigations.

They also have free counselling.

Try them - they advertise in English!

Also
      Kroll International
      Tel 03-3218-4558
      Fax 03-3213-7346
      krolltok@gol.com
      AIG Building 14F 1-1-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku

Survey Japan
      Tel 03-3235-3421
      Fax 03-3235-3422
      4321kuni@t3.rim.or.jp

16 Yahatacho Ichigaya Shinjuku-ku

Good luck

Trip Hop (Ms.)

Comment

There is a regular poster on www.japantoday.com 's message board who claims his wife stole his son away and refuses contact. The locals aren't helping him, though he seems to have some international support groups -- maybe they could help you. His log in name is Wally. Just post your message on a lot of the articles with Wally as the subject line and he'll probably see them. He's already been through the preliminaries of the search process and maybe he can speed things up for you, atleast.

Comment

Was this woman ever found?

Here's one I bumped. (See Eku's bump old threads thread).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
            I hope somebody is in a position to help me with my problem. I urgently need to find a Japanese national, and I have no idea whether this person is even in Japan or not, but I really really need to find her. Without going too deeply, here's the situation - she came to Australia a few years ago on a one-year working visa, we met, she got pregnant and we had a son. She had a lot of problems with her family, who suspected there was a baby but weren't sure, and she went back to Japan to sort things out with them. And that was the last time we saw her. Since that time there has been no contact whatsoever, and her family have never given out any information as to her whereabouts. I have been bringing up the boy on my own, and we do really well together. Unfortunately, the little guy is very sick, and I urgently need to contact his mother. It is really that important!

So far, I have contacted the Japanese Embassy in Canberra and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but neither were able (or willing) to help me. After going through the entire story over and over again to them and offering all kinds of documentation, they wouldn't even confirn for me whether or not she was still in Japan. All they would say, over and over again, was that they don't give out this kind of information.

Is there any other way I can find this person? The first thing I need to know is if she is in Japan? Does anybody have any contacts anywhere who would be able to check this kind of information? I don't know how it can be done, but maybe somebody who has been in Japan for a long time knows somebody who has access to this kind of information. I'm sure there are many people out there who know what to do.

I won't put her name here because I don't want to cause any problems for her (or her family), but if anybody knows of some way of getting this information, I will be eternally grateful to you.

I desperately need to contact her.!!

Can somebody help me please ???

Michael Jessen
            As been told by others probably private detective is what you need here

In a totally different issue a friend of main hired ones a private detective in Japan
            and in her case although it wasnft cheap ,he did a very good job in a short time.
            Do you know what prefecture is she from?
            If its around my area I might be able to help, have some local connections here, but cant promise anything
            Send me into private massage some more details,

Comment

Takano sure is eager - it has been 6 years but he still gives advice

Comment

I see two sides to the story. Unless you assume the family kidnapped and imprisoned the daughter, aren`t the signs here that she really does not want to be found?
                And should that not be respected?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok
                  Damm, I wrote him also a private message with my contact numbers and all
                  Silly me

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok
                    Hahaha... I fell for it, too. The hazar of using the "new posts" feature when opening the Pot. All it takes is a troll to respond to a decade-old message, and I fall for it.
                    (slapping forehead)

Comment

Working...
                    X