X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gyaru

Noticed the official Gaijin Pot blurb says that gaijin men in Roppongi can be found with *gyaru* on their arm.

Well, I have been here 4 years and seen gaijin with gyaru (the chou kawaii girls w/the bleached hair and the tan) only 3 times, and one of those was with a guy who had clearly grown up here. Anyway, they hang out in Shibuya not Roppongi.

I have *friends* of that ilk and from what they say (and the evidence of several mote-mote friends who can pull anything and everything BUT them) they simply do not go for gaijin (not just me -- that's not so unlikely whatever the type!)

Gaijin Pot's cool 'n' all but maybe their relationship expert could use a little more, er, research. Perhaps he (assuming it's a he) might agree...

Since I think they are the cutest creatures alive I would very much like to be proved otherwise though. Email your pic to....

Re: gyaru

Wtf are you talking about? Do you have a point in all that mess you wrote?

Comment

Sim's right. Ko-gyaru are the group least available to foreign men. That apparently unapproachable, intimidatingly beautiful and immaculately turned out O-Jo-sama is a very much better bet.

Ko-gyaru aren't interested in foreign men for a variety of reasons. Chief among them that they're engaged in a race against time to find an orange-haired idiot who'll knock them up in the back of his white van (double exhaust, widewalls and 'Pico-Pico' stickers). They want to be baby mamas, know that they can't support themselves and so need to marry a (blue-collar) Japanese at the first opportunity. You just don't fit the profile.

Comment

Cool terminology.
        Guess I best get used to the lingo before I transfer from China.

Comment

Have a gyaru-mama (baby mama) living close to me, and she is just as Osakan described, with a bunch of kids and an orange-haired husband occasionally around. She is quite distinctive, with her incessant, high-pitched voice talking at her children, and her unique sense of fashion. She's quite friendly, and belongs to (in fact she leads) a group of similar children-laden women, who spend a few afternoons a week there in communal coffee and baby-sitting, 8-10 kids in a small room!

In our eyes, she possibly she married too young, but of course neither she nor hubby ever learned about contraception or precautions at school, she has no-one other than her friends to turn to for help (blind leading the blind), the usual dysfunctional family of non-speaking parents, but despite all that, her kids are fine, she's doing a good job bringing them up.

But little interest in anything, except afternoon TV. And very hard to talk with.

Comment

England has the shellsuit wearers, NZ/Aus has the boguns/westies... if I`m white trash are the folks mentioned above yellow trash?

Comment

I don`t know why you would want to risk it with those shibuya gyaru types anyway. I mean, certainly those beautifully shaped long tanned legs and long long eyelashes can be very attractive.....but!! ....they are very very dirty and are most likely to have a variety of sexual diseases!! Be warned!!

Comment

They are shockingly gorgeous.
                I got one, but then she promptly became a bit more normal.

Hope it wasn't my effect.

Do we recognise a different between Gyaru and Kogyaru? I had thought that the Ko variety were still at school.

My real question, has any one else got it together with one? Are they that different from other J girls? Mine was really opinionated and moaned alot when I didn't buy her stuff.

"A Japanese guy would!!!"
                "Really..."

Comment

I just wanna say:
                  Actually most gyaru r soooo dirty,dont(cant)mind other ppl,etc,
                  BUT,some of them arent.Just their appearances are similar,
                  but the characters are not same.

So,,,,,,Please dont misunderstand them,and dont judge the appearance.

thanks

Comment

Well, I would love to meet some of these `gyaru` types who are actually nice girls. I have a feeling that they are in small number though. They are undoubtedly the most sexy Japanese girls and I think most will agree with that.

Comment

I for one would not... however as for them having diseases, a condom or two (or a Sainsbury's carrier bag strategically placed) should take care of that!

Comment

One of my Japanese friends used to be a gyaru.
                        According to her, gyaru, in the tradition of true gyarus all over the nation, do not change their underwear for long periods of time... (and you wondered why Shibuya has such a peculiar smell...) and refrain from washing their hair at the same time. Only those gifted with true gyaru logic would understand the reason for this, and whether it's true or not...well, perhaps some of the guys could help us out on that one.

Comment

Oh my god..................you guys actually fancy gyaru so much.................unbelievable!!
                          when i was working in Tokyo, i met a couple of guyaru. They were extremly rude at first but then they were actually hiting on me in front of their boyfriends...........................the guys got really pissed but they didn't need to worry..................Man, gyaru makes me want to run away, if their is someting to cut off my apetite it's definetly gyaru......!

I didn't check if weither they are dirty or not.................luckily, i didn't.

Then again, i respect everyone taste, therefore don't take what i said badly.

However i think that Japanese girls are pretty, therefore there is no need to paint their self!

Although, i respect gyaru and their choices.

Comment

Stop saying "They are" " They aren't"....quit all these value-laden judgements. Stop trying to pigeon-hole everyone. And stop talking about Japanese girls like they are some commodity for you to use. It sounds like you are persusing a catalogue "Mmmm maybe not a J-girl today, but perhaps a Shibuya Ko-Gyaru. Or perhaps a Roppongi Sasseko-Tai-pu".

"They don't change their underwer, theyd on't wash their hair" ...what all of them? Or just 20 percent ? Or could it perhaps be a dirty rumour that you would like to believe ?

e.g " What ? They don't change their underwear ? I knew they were dirty ! ! "

TH hit on something as she identified a social group in Japan that has equivalents around the world. However, everyone is different with their own traits and foibles. The desire to pigeon-hole people is understandable - we hate to be in doubt about things. But certainty is a ridiculous conditition.

Comment

.................touche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(-_-*)..................

Comment

Working...
                              X