X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Brockman put out to pasture.

shhh... I must be careful...shhhh... very very quietly - can I type in any smaller font so as not to alert ADMIN? Treachery is afoot!

Just quietly, Kent`s New Years Resolution was to GET OFF THE DAMN INTERNET.

The whole "`loser` on the internet" paradigm is not something this newscaster is wildly keen to embrace.

Winners read books to their children and master foreign languages.

To this, Kent Brockman must aspire.

ADMIN deleted many of The Brockman Contributions to The Gaijin Pot. Admittedly they were blathering nonsense and at first I could see ADMIN`s point. Then after reading a few other recent posts, lo and behold, except for the "hardcore" 4-5 advice givers, MOST OTHER POSTS ARE JUST AS MUCH USELESS DRIVEL AND TRIPE AS MINE. (Goddamnit I must stop typing in capital letters, HOW BLOODY ANNOYING)

The Brockmanian Journalistic Integrity cannot be compromised. They can`t take the "rock" out of Brockman.

I bid you farewell. Or, as they say in Japan, "Sa-yo-na-ra". (I`ll master their mumbo jumbo hieroglyphics yet - you see if I don`t!)

As the ancient Roman proverb goes..."Let he who cast the first stone be banished from the glasshouse"

Re: Kent Brockman put out to pasture.

noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What the heck?

What does this all have to do with Japan and our questions and advice about Japan again?

Comment

Kent, Sorry to see you deplane in midflight, but here's to a soft landing!
        Cheers,
        Hiyodori

Comment

Sorry about that Kent. It was just that they started to dominate the most recent postings on the message boards and we started receiving complaints about the "decline of the quality of the boards", so I decided to remove a couple of the most recent threads that did seem completely off topic. I would have emailed you directly about it first, however you don't leave a contact email...

Admin

Comment

KENT DON'T GO BUDDY - YOU'RE ____ING HILARIOUS! YOU, TONY WANG AND OSAKAN KEEP THIS BULLETIN BOARD ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WILL HAVE TO WRITE A TEARFUL ODE TO KB. REST IN PEACE MR BROCKMAN...

Comment

why these kind of messages are posted in the relationship section anyway???

Comment

Re: Good night and thank you.

Me too, I'm afraid.

gaijinpot WAS fun, but recently it hasn't been. Kent Brockman's right: there ARE better ways to spend one's time. In 2003 I'm going to set about exploring them.

But, I'm not posting one last time in order to petulantly slam the door on my way out, only to say 'thank you' to those posters who have directly and indirectly given me help and support during the time I've spent on this board.

Bouquets, then, but no brickbats:

TH, Hiyodori, Paul, SB, Glenski: thanks, you do a tremendous service here. Please do keep it up.

Kent Brockman, Tony Wang: thanks for the laughs.

Hey you!: good luck to you. I hope we made our peace.

nz gurl: sorry I won't be on the board to give you the help I promised. Have a super time in Japan.

[my old sparring partner] FDB: may your suits ever flatter a frame than needs no flattery.

All other (legitimate) posters on this board: a happy new year.

Osakan

Comment

Osakan - sorry to lose you; you sometimes need a hide like an Armadillo to take the sh*t dealt out here by some posters. Q&A is fine, debate and opinions, another story.

There is a life out there - hope you enjoy it. I too shall be posting less, have to work more while other half finds himself a new job. But having a dedicated fibre-optic line and network (FletsB) means it will be quicker.

頑張ってと気をつけて下さい!

:-)

th

Comment

I think I should do the same!
                    I want 2003 to be different!
                    I wanna:
                    Quit smoking
                    Lose 20 kgs
                    Excercise 6 days a week
                    Study Japanese like a b!tch
                    Save money
                    Practice some type of martial art

I hope you guys accomplish your resolutions as well!

Signing out
                    Bob

Comment

Lots of good luck to everyone..................

Comment

osakan - thanks for the help - at least my closet will be happy!

i'm about off to japan (15 days) so i guess i wont be able to post 500 questions anymore either, so thanks to everyone who has answered them all, and to kent and jaffa for the lovely 'palmy bashing' conversations which helped to fill the time while i was working there.

and 'goodluck' - i was wondering why these are under relationships too!

Comment

oh i am so lonly.......

Comment

Tony you gotta fill the void dude!!!!!!!

Comment

NZ Gurl......are you off to Japan soon? where about are you going?
                              anyway, that's a wise desision as nothing ever happens in AKL!
                              It's hot though!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you in Japan

If you like Shotchu, I left a bottle at watami in Shinjuku, which i've never used............that's yours!!! enjoy (if perhaps you can guess what name i left it under)

Have a nice trip

Comment

Working...
                              X