X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I bring my cowboy hat?

Any room for a country boy in this techno urban jungle of Japan?

Arriving on Mon Jan 27th into Tokyo. I'm a 24 year old Canadian, blonde blue 6' yadda yadda and a risk analyst with a security firm, specializing in information technology.

I'm sure a cowboy hat would stand out no?

Do they even play country music there? Anyone know how to 2 step?

Where are all the kewl hip places that most foreigners and others hang out in Tokyo? I have an apartment in Shinjuku, and thats about all I know.

let me know, gonna pick up Lets Go! Japan here today and read through it.

Thanks !

Re: Should I bring my cowboy hat?

I don't know about country music....it shouldn't be too hard to find. As for your hat? hell yeah....people will love it.

Comment

Yes bring it. It will allow for fun discussions. And yes ___ people like country music.

Comment

Hey!
        I am a country singer and did lots of singing over there. Mostly in the Osaka/Kansai area. In tokyo I think there are even more places for Country music. They call them "live houses" And down in Okinawa there is a really big bar that all the marines go to. Since there are so many gaijin and a base near Yokohama you should find one no problem. Go to honkytonk21.com . It is a website for a place in Kyoto, but you could leave a message on the forum and they will know the places you could go there. Its a small circle of Japanese who like it. But the ones who do all know each other and they go ALL out. I mean decked out in western gear like you wouldnt believe. There is also an Okinawan bull riding association and rodeo is getting more popular thanks to the marines. They are especailly all into line dance. Im so glad you asked about this. Seriously, it was the people I met in the country music scene over there that really made my stay wonderful. Just great people.
        Oh, and Im canadian too. Cool to hear about you too,eh. Well, have fun...but why did you chose Tokyo? Seriously Kansai is where its at! The whole country scene is relatively new there, but they are trying hard and they are dedicated fans, you will be surprised. It will make you laugh and you'll love it.

Comment

Yay for more Canadian country fans

Where are you from originally? I'm from Calgary. Good ol Albertan boy!

I'm in Tokyo as that is where my office is, and where I am working.

Thanks for the links, im sure I will be able to find somthing out here!

Comment

To my knowledge there is no Let's Go Japan, a fact I find lamentable. Frommers has good info on attractions and some of the restaurants are good. I find Fodors a little to upscale for my budget. Lonely Planet is probably good, too, but I hate they way they are organized and arranged.

Comment

There is a weekly magazine in English published in Tokyo. It has (among others) a lot of listings on music, movies, etc. You can pick up this magazie at many places in the Shinjuku area. Most of the articles and some of the listings are also on their website:

http://metropolis.japantoday.com/default.asp

Welcome in Tokyo and have fun.

Comment

Im an Alberta girl too. But a little futher south.

Comment

Farther south from Calgary?

Okotoks? High River? Lethbridge? Med Hat?

Comment

We're all Canadians here EH?

Comment

Yes, Yes, we are.

Comment

Bring the hat. And a gun. So you can put a notch in the handle for all the soft, subtle, fragrant vagina lips that will gently slide up and down your ____- again and again.

Comment

AJ, you must be Anthony. You're comments are way outta line here. Do you try to be an as$, or is it just completely natural?

AJ's not Canadian, but he wants one.

Comment

Working...
                          X