X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dating a japanese guy?

ive just starting hanging out with a japanese guy, and im not sure if he is interested in getting romantic with me(as i am with him). dating protocal seems so much different from the west. how can i tell if he wants to date or just hang out?! help!

Re: dating a japanese guy?

We can't tell much from your post. What is he doing/not doing?

Comment

In a Japanese relationship, if a guy likes a girl, he will gather up the nerve and confess his love to you (known as kokuhaku) in the form of the question'ski atte kuremasuka' (will you go out with me)(will you be my boyfriend)
      If you say yes, regular boyfriend /girlfriend activities are permitted.
      If you say no, he will stalk you until you say yes

Comment

My boyfriend Koichi was really shy when we were friends. We were just friends (I thought) and I had no idea he felt the way he did until he came out suddenly with a kokuhaku ("confession of love"). It sounds a bit strange, but that seems to be the way most guys are here in Japan. Plus, they are quite shy. Koichi has lived in Australia for 18 months, which makes him a bit less reserved than other Japanese guys, but he is still quite Japanese. I thought guys that age (my bf is 28 this year) would be a bit more natural in expressing their feelings rather than a sudden announcement, but.... it seems to be quite common...

Comment

sorry, i should have given a little more info.
          when we have gone out, he has said that he is happy to see me, and that he thinks im very pretty. he also plays in a band, and asked me to come to one of his live shows. we also enjoy the same type of music, so he said he wants to give me some of his favorite cds to listen to.
          Im not sure if he is simply being friendly, or possibly he is 'courting' me, that is, getting a feel for how things are, and how they could be,
          because back home in canada, guys usually call me every other day, tell my girlfriends that they are interested and pursue the situation. this situation is a little different. is he just laying low first to feel out the situation, or perhaps he wants a gaijin friend. could be both i guess.
          hmmmmmmmm

Comment

Sure he wants a gaijin friend, a japanese person with a gaijin friend is the envy of everyone! My ex girlfriend brags and introduces me to everone just to show how cool she is. Gaijin friends are hard to come by, ya know.

Comment

Hmmm
              I aso have a Japanese bf. And he was really quite shy first four days our relations. All this time we've going out etc, he said that I'm beautiful etc. But I felt myself a bit unsure about him... On fifths day he kissed me - it was start *^-^*

But actuaally I still hardly understand some of his behaviours...

Comment

I am also dating a japanese guy, and he is also very shy about certain things...He is the sweetest guy I have ever met, and he keeps saying he wants me to be happy all the time...and does make me happy! But whenever it gets on the topic of sex, he gets all shy...he has NO problem doing it, but talking about it makes him uncomfortable..something you barely see in Canada.
                It's very interesting to me!!

Comment

ive been dating a japanese guy for 3 months now. its not that long but apparently he had liked me for over a year. he never told me. just hung out with me and sometimes ivited me to his house to hang out. one time a year and some ago he asked me out and he kissed me...but then i never heard from him for a few days. and we sorta naturally broke up. but were still friends...but recently he tried to persue me more seriously which was pretty much the same as before. chirachira looking at me and making small talk. inviting me to his place. finally some of my friends tried to do something to move the situation along and had my birthday at his house. and from then on we were a couple. but that was so hard to get things started. even if i flirted with him and made things obvious i like him...japanese boys are just so shy!!

Comment

So, how are they in bed??

Comment

I dated japanese guys,
                      i dont wanna put em in the same bag,but most of the time its really hard to read their feelings. I was seeing a guy once,we were "friendly hangin out". i liked him a lot,we were in canada,after he went back to japan,i heard from his friend that i was a "cold hearted".

Because i didnt knew about his feelings...
                      If i knew i would probabblt with that guy today,
                      if he had told be about his feelings.
                      But now he has a gfriend in nagoya,hope he is happy,
                      wish him the best.

So i think that Guys ir Girls,if you love some1,
                      make the move,the worst you can get is "lets be frioends".

Good luck "maa maa"

~Sofy~ ^-^

Comment

(sorry for my bad typing guys,its mornin )

Comment

i have no complaints about what goes on in the bedroom...(>_&lt hehehe

Comment

Well ... to everyone ... I have to agree with most of you that Japanese guys are shy ... they even go out of their way just to avoid you sometimes .... However, I do find a number of them cute and I am interested in dating one .... Nonetheless, I feel that these Japanese men would only date Western women a.k.a blond/brunette/red-head, and not an Asian gaijin like myself ... Is there any hope at all for the likes of me?? :-((( ....

Comment

Jue the Cat are u a hottie? Why not send me your pic and I will see who i can round up for you

Comment

Working...
                              X