Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian Foreigners in Japan

Dear all,
    It seems like when people talk about foreigners in Japan, they refer to foreigners from Western countries like US and UK and European countries. How about foreginers from Asian countries? it seems to me that the japanese are very fond of western culture and so treat western foreginers better than asian foreigners. is that ture?
    Chunny

Re: Asian Foreigners in Japan

I think many Japanese are freaked out that those members of those "inferior" races could end up looking so much like they do.

To further complicate matters China & Korea were the original source of so much of what is today called "Japanese Culture".

My god! What next? I remember the rukus when a history professor stated that he believed Japan's first Emperor came from Korea!

CF

Comment

that was Emperor Jimmu

Comment

WELL, ARE YOU ASIAN? COZ I AM AND SOMETIMES I FEEL THAT WAY!

Comment

At Magumbos or Some Aussie bar between Charleston Cafe and Beef Bowl in Roppongi.

Comment

wwwwrong thread... please disregard.

Comment

Never bothered me .. I'm Asian and I've never had any negative experiences. I think deep down, Japanese people are much more conscious of socio-economic than racial differences, and this influences their racial stereotypes.

Comment

Working...
              X