Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-Girls, Where?

This is my last post on the subject.

Most of you have Japanese wifes yet remain in Top Secret mode when asked how did you meet her. Why?

I lived in Japan 5 years and was never able to meet a Japanese girl who had any interest in a serious relationship. No doubt I was looking in all the wrong places.

I met many girls in Roppongi bars who were interested in "fun" only. And I had plenty of "fun".

Girls in the office. All I met would not consider dating a gaijin. Pressure from parents in most cases I think.

So where do you meet them? Friends? Marriage agency? (I checked one agency, pricey at almost 500,000 yen for the full course!).

Telling me puts you at no risk because you already have a wife! Please give me some information and I'll go away!

Re: J-Girls, Where?

I havent got a japanese wife but im in a long-term relationship with a japanese girl.

LOOK! its not like anyone can tell you where to find a girl that will be interested in a long-term relationship!

And if all you want in Japan is a long-term relationship then their is no point going i tell you actually showing interest in Japan not just the girls will get you a long way in Japan!

Comment

i >do< have a strong interest in Japan and want to settle down there long term. I'm not going back for the girls.

But from what I've experienced the girls who "like" gaijin are found at bars like gaspanic. But I will bet not one of you met your wife there!

500,000 to the agency ? Not until I work in Japan for a year or so.

Thanks anyway..

Comment

Okay....thank you for finally giving us a reason behind all your "Where did you find a Japanese wife?" posts.....

Well, first off......several guys I know have married the girls they met in Roppongi. Not gaspanic....but other bars. Suffice to say.....their relationships aren't "the best" around.....

My advice for you is to join some clubs. I am sure you have interests in sports or hobbies, so try to join some kind of local club that interests you. Hopefully you will then meet someone who is a little more serious.....Good Luck

Comment

Where would you meet a nice girl (one that you would want to marry) in your home country. Not a bar right?

Once you are in Japan get involved in some community/volunteer project for a worthy cause. Help out at a home for orphans or diabled kids or something like that. Bet you turn up a nugget there. If not you will be helping people out anyway. Not a bad way to spend you time.

Sean G
          Happy English Club
          Nagoya

Comment

I agree with all of the postings thus far. Another thing you may want to consider is a city that is smaller than Tokyo or Osaka. I met my wife in a city of about 400,000--she was doing freelance design for a school I worked at (twelve years and four kids ago)--and I've known about a dozen others here who have good, long-lasting marriages (both J-women/ Foreign Men and vice-versa) I am not saying you can't meet someone great in Osaka or Tokyo, but I think there is something that can be said for smaller cities. It is also great for work (if you teach) as there are fewer native speakers to teach English, money seems significantly better than in the bigger cities (I only teach private lessons--not at an Eikaiwa), plus the cost of living is a lot cheaper.
            Good Luck.

Comment

thanks....

Comment

Craplo I met my wife in Gaspanic.

Comment

Guess it's gaspanic for me then///

Comment

craplo-san.

You poor _______..........

Here are my suggestions for what they are worth-

1. If you are in Tokyo, join the International Adventure Club. Went to a meeting and 90% of the new members were English speaking J girls. I don't really think that they are just in it for the adventure!

http://iac-tokyo.org/

2. Take Japanese lessons. But you have to pick the right school. At my school, most of the teachers are single, young ladies. At a recent party for the school they were all there along with their single girl friends and hangers on. Just a hunch that are all just trying to further "international relations" in their own sweet way.

3. I met my J wife through a Japanese friend. Mix and mingle with everyone and you just never know.

4. Get off the b*&%#y computer, stop complaining and get out there!

Saskene

Comment

craplo-san.

You poor _______..........

Here are my suggestions for what they are worth-

1. If you are in Tokyo, join the International Adventure Club. Went to a meeting and 90% of the new members were English speaking J girls. I don't really think that they are just in it for the adventure!

http://iac-tokyo.org/

2. Take Japanese lessons. But you have to pick the right school. At my school, most of the teachers are single, young ladies. At a recent party for the school they were all there along with their single girl friends and hangers on. Just a hunch that are all just trying to further "international relations" in their own sweet way.

3. I met my J wife through a Japanese friend. Mix and mingle with everyone and you just never know.

4. Get off the b*&%#y computer, stop complaining and get out there!

Saskene

Comment

I just had deja-vu reading saskene's posts.

Probably just a glitch in the Matrix.

Comment

Working...
                        X