X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does one meet the timid JBoy?

I have been in Tokyo for awhile now and I am getting frustrated at the shyness of the JBoys. I am fairly certain that I am more than cute enough to attract any number of them, but I have yet to be approached by anyone but drunk salarymen.

Any tips and tricks for breaking the ice?@@ Or better yet, inviting them too?

Re: How does one meet the timid JBoy?

I say it is only "salarymen" that have the courage to even talk to u. They first learn valor at work.
    - and they may have to be drunk at that.

You may try Japanese guys that hang out with gaijin guys... I have created a couple of monsters myself
    -- except for one guy they are no longer shy anymore although they once were very much so.
    -- but that is no fun for the perverted female personality trait that only likes what she can never get - whoops, I SAID that?!

send me an email. I may try to set you up with my one shy friend (22yr hip hopper)

Comment

I agree, if you want to get anywhere with the shy boys here you gotta make the first move. Gently maybe, and repeatedly.

If he is truely shy, its probably not going to work out...

However, if he is the strong, silent type, then it might be ok.

Personally, i go for the more genki, confident boys, ones who have lived O/S for example, and ive often found that artistic types have more spunk, so to speak...

But at the same time, yeah, so many japanese boys really are shy ne! Korean and Chinese boys are a lot more outgoing....

But always, be yourself!

Westsan: What do you want? Do you want a limp, weak girl or a girl with get up and go? Do you want a girl who knows what she wants and isnt afraid to go for it or do you want a girl who sits around with no ambitions or direction, waiting to be pushed into something by the men around her? I know im being cheeky here, but you cant both warn girls away from being strong and complain about them being weak...

Comment

ignore him, jotty, he is being sarcastic. and it's getting tiresome.

Hey, me too! I really go for the artistic types! I loooooooove long hair & tatoos.

And I ALWAYS make the first move. I figure if he's scared away by it, he's not the type of guy who I would be interested in anyway.

And besides, I'm not scared of what "might happen" (^_-)

Comment

Mind you I am not talking about myself here.

Point A> Girls that make the first move WILL GET USED...99% of the time. I will not argue this point.

Point B> Without "making advances" by being close by and and making a guy feel confident (dropping hints, whatever) you will achieve your objective.

Excepting> there may be situations that work out with a gal making the first move.
          But especially in interracial relationships the odds are even worse.
          I would advise you to ignore jloverguys advice because her entire relationship world is solely infatuation.

Comment

you dissect my love life with such precision! Are we best friends, and I don't even know it??? I mean, you seem to know so much about me!

NOT!

(^_-)

Comment

Hey you started it:

> and it's getting tiresome.

And said too much.

I usually agree with you!
              We should not argue!

Comment

I was kinda being cheeky... But once again, i agree with Jguylover, if he is threatened by me making the first move, then hes not going to be up for much... and forgive me for perpetuating things that should probably be left alone, but the hypocrisy is just too much. But hey, i cant change anyone, not even thinking that i can, just want say, i can see a gap here. We all know.... v's Im not talking about myself here.... hmmmm.

Comment

I will not argue this point either.

Comment

Jotty said>>

Westsan: What do you want? Do you want a limp, weak girl or a girl with get up and go? Do you want a girl who knows what she wants and isnt afraid to go for it or do you want a girl who sits around with no ambitions or direction, waiting to be pushed into something by the men around her? I know im being cheeky here, but you cant both warn girls away from being strong and complain about them being weak...

That really made me think. I dont know why it took so long for me to recall that.

You dont have to allways be in somebody's face...
                    ...to be both attractive & supportive. Duh

Comment

It`s easy. tie him to a chair and whip him. I also find tickle torture to be crazy effective.

J-dudes are very mazo. I love this country.

Comment

I've found that Jguys that are often perceived as shy tend to fall under 2 categories:

1) The kind who take a while to get to know a girl before asking her out. With these kind of guys, it sort of starts as friends and then kind of melds into dating, sometimes without really saying much. But some of them will back off if they get to know you more and find out that you aren't really what they're looking for. they don't like to make the kind of commitment of a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship unless they're sure it's a relationship they wanna get into. The bad thing is that sometimes this process can be tedious and take a while, but the good thing is that these guys tend to value the relationship a lot and are less likely to be playa'z. they tend to prefer getting to know someone through their circle of friends and like girls who can chill with most of their other friends.

2) He's not really shy, he's actually just not interested, but too polite to tell you that straight up and hurt your feelings.

Of course a lot of jguys may make ASSumptions like you proably don't speak Japanese/they don't speak enough English, or that foreign chicks have boyfriend from their home countries, or that you're only here for a short while and are going to go back to your country. But, lots of guys who think like this will still talk to foreign girls anyway, they'll just wait on making any clear moves until they know that some of the above assumptions are not true.

There's no shortage of cute, outgoing, non-English-speaking jguys around...but those artsy ones tend to hang out in close-knit groups of only a few friends with whom they typically share hobbies. Having a common hobby is the best way to break the ice with a jguy that you want to date (lolz there are much easier methods if you just want the boo-tay though). Sometimes, sharing a common hobby makes you a little less "foreign" in a way.

I usually don't even bother with the English-speaking jguys much anymore. Yeah, they are more outgoing, but I really don't like the ones who try and impress Western girls with how Westernized they can act...I'll just date a Western dude if that's what I'm after. People are generally more than merely their home culture...it's probably boring for Japanese when they hear a Westerner try to impress them by lecturing on some Japanese stuff like anime or martial arts or history, and I know it's annoying as hell in reverse.

Comment

Ha, ha. Nice work, Pink. As soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought to myself, hmmm, now how I am going to break it to this nice OP that the shy j-boy is a myth to save them from having to express disinterest outright?

Glad to hear someone else break it down in a nicer way (even though the OP was from 2003, it'll help any other chicks lurking around)...

Japanese guys are some of the most aggressive in the world when it comes to romance. They will give you the seductive eye even if you're walking hand-in-hand down the street with someone twice their size.

I have never been propositioned so much in any other country. Since I highly doubt I have gotten hotter in my late 30's, I have to think it's because Japanese guys are used to getting the women they want and genuinely shocked if they find out they can't ____ every woman they encounter.

Comment

lol. good job, pink chan. this thread was posted back in 2003. that said, ____ shy guys. you need to look no further... call I voted for Dukakis.

Comment

What shes only 5 years late!

Comment

Working...
                              X