X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a BIG crush...

...on Itakura Kaori, the pretty young Japanese woman on NHK's "Learning Japanese" TV show. She co-hosted the show with her Dad, who speaks English with a perfect North American accent. During each episode of the program, they are joined by an assortment of international gaijin who go over key points of Nihongo grammar. Kaori is obviously intelligent and funny, which makes her even more attractive.

I'm sure she's happily married to some lucky Japanese guy already, but in my dreams, we have our own intercultural paradise...at least until the 30-minute program ends!! Ah, well..........

Does anyone else know anything about her, like where she studied English, etc?

Mark

Re: I have a BIG crush...

Is this program still on?
    What day/time/channel?
    Thanks.

Comment

Hell yes. I love it when she says "Maybe next week I'll be digital shooting in your neighbourhood". She can film in my bordello anytime.

She definitely rocks. I'd have to fight you for her, but you did start this thread so you obviously have more initiative than I do : (

I kind of love and hate that show. The gaijins on the show can obviously speak better japanese than they do on the program and it's annoying to watch them pretend to stumble over the words. Still, it's good for my japanese, and Kaori manages to be super cute without being ditzy like the game show girls often are.

Comment

from: http://www.so-net.ne.jp/CYBERJAPAN/c...ri/indexE.html
        Itakura Kaori: Profile
        Cyberjapan March 99 Covergirl

Very popular model in Japanese commercial "Acerora Drink" and fitness club "EXXUS" and Fashion Magazine "Can-Cam" (Japan best selling Fashion Magazine), Kaori Itakura now show up in CYBERJAPAN as a "COVER GIRL"! Get ready for this! 174cm slim body attractive as hell!

She was born in New York and studied in New Zealand in high school , now she is an university student at Keio (Japan top 3 prestigious university) and she is studying politics and Chinese.

We did an interview in English. She is a very smart and interesting girl. We talked about her private life, modelling job and also the differences between the USA and Japan reagrding the Fashion trends and lifestyle.

Comment

My buddy (2) are the gaijin guests on that show,

Maybe I could hook it up... but she would likely fall for me first.

PS: You are right that those guys speak much better Japanese than they lead on to... I used to teach them Jspeak when they worked for me.

Comment

So trip hop, not only do you know everything about everything but you've also interviewed Kaori???

Nice.

Comment

triphop is a Japan afficionado

But that Kaori chic is 1 in a million. Them chics are all over 'cept Roppongi

Comment

westsan wrote:

> triphop is a Japan afficionado
                >
                > But that Kaori chic is 1 in a million. Them chics are all over
                > 'cept Roppongi

whoops that did not come out right.
                There are millions of chics like that out there is what I meant.

Comment

Really surprised you all think she's so great. She really annoys me when I see her on TV. I think she's exactly like 99% of the other girls on TV and on the streets. Her "digital filming" is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, and I think the way she speaks is more saccarine than diet cola...(sigh) I guess I will never understand what men find so attractive about some women here!

Comment

That's just it!! I LOVE the fact that she is so saccharine and seemingly perfect!! There's just something about her that seems unreal...can't put my finger on it, but that's it in a nutshell.

I'm guessing that she's married, as her family name is different from her Father's (assuming that old guy really is her Dad)...and yes, those Gaijin on the show are really annoying. The only one who seems halfway cool is the Chinese girl. The 3 dudes are just gooballs...no offense to any of them, as that's how Gaijin guys act on Japanese TV to get famous.

Hell, who am I kidding...I'd gladly act like a jackass if it meant I could be a star on national Japanese TV!!!

Peace,

Mark

(PS., Kaori...call me, ne!! Lol...)

Comment

If you think you can do it mark... let me hook you up!!
                      send me an email describing who and what you look like and I will introduce you to the agent that casts all them!

Comment

Mark,
                        She ain't that special. quit tryin to paint your ceiling when watchin Japanese educational shows and practice learning the language instead!

Comment

Thanks for all the responses...

I concede that maybe Kaori isn't that special, but hey, that's what crushes are all about. I like her because she's kind of cute in her own quirky manner. It doesn't need to make logical sense, as we all like different things in people.

I forget who actually said it, but there's a famous Spanish quote:

"Quando amor no es locura, no es amor!"

Or, Eigo de, "When love is not crazy, it's not love!"

Peace,

Mark
                          "Saving all my love for you..."

Comment

I've only seen the show a couple of times. They spend way too much time speaking English for a show that's supposed to help you with Japanese.

Also, Kaori's father seemed too critical of her.

Comment

Chief>>

Did you get on thru IMO?

Did you think that show was for Gaijin to learn english? Haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

Hint: Teach Japanese --- Learn English

Comment

Working...
                              X