Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Module
Collapse

Do japanese guys find black girls atractive?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do japanese guys find black girls atractive?

I am thinking of living in japan for a while and I'm curious about what I should expect ! ! Does anyone know about this? Thanks!

Post Edited (11-11-03 05:08)

Re: Do japanese guys find black girls atractive?

Is this Groundhog day?

Comment

What do you mean "is it Groundhog day?" I am viewed as a pretty by all races. I am serious about this. I have no problem with japanese guys but i want to know what i am getting my self into.

Post Edited (11-09-03 01:19)

Comment

You better ask Westsan.

Comment

Who is Westan?

Comment

Sorry for causing confusion nezer. If you haven't seen the movie Groundhog Day, it's about a day that keeps repeating itself. Your post sounded like Round II of Chairo vs Bongo (see the thread "Are Japanese women colour blind?"). In no way was I implying that you were a groundhog, just trying to make a joke about the same topic coming up. Sorry again for that. All the best in finding your man.

Comment

Just ignore those guys, Nezer. Apparently any posts involving black people and Japanese people and romance are identical (you know 'they all look the same to me' and all), and that there is a weekly limit on these posts.

If you want to talk about why Japanese women are great, or why they suck, or why foreign (white) women suck, then fire away! This is the place. But nobody wants to hear about black people...

Anyway, I'm afraid I can't help you much (Westsan probably can't either, since he's a black MAN). I've seen very very few Japanese male/black female couples here. But that is likely due to the fact that there are very few black females here.

There was a woman on this board asking a similar question a few months back, but I'm not sure what the conclusion was. I don't think there is a search function but you can eventually find the thread by checking the older posts.

http://www.uoregon.edu/~jar/biz.html
              http://www.blacktokyo.com/

Good luck!

Comment

Actually, there is a search function, up the top, just above the first thick blue line that appears in the thread. It's cunningly disguised as "search"

BTW, Carlos, I had no idea what you were talking about either, but since a groundhog is a pretty funny little animal, it made me laugh.

Nezer, you won't have to be celebate while you are here. Whether you can find something you like or not is a different question, but you certainly won't have to live as a nun in Japan.

Comment

Men like women. Whether or not you'll find a Japanese guy you really want to be with, that's harder.

Comment

heh heh heh heh, race is funny.

People get in a fuss when someone responds with stereotypes to posts that were stereotypical to begin with.

Do Japanese guys like Black Girls? / Are Japanese Women colorblind?

-------------------

Anyway, the game will be played differently in Japan. You might have to be on the offensive, but I doubt that you will have to be alone.

-------------------

I wonder if this is racism...

Comment

'It's cunningly disguised as "search"'
                      Those sneaky bastards. No wonder I couldn't find it. But thanks, Bluedog, for pointing it out to me.

Comment

I once worked with a black woman from the US at an english school in tokyo. this was many years ago, just before the current 'hip-hop' boom. (only mentioned as this has in part shaped the image of black people among the Japanese recently) anyway, she was a very attractive young woman but used to tell me how she never got approached/asked out by Japanese guys (except for the occasional dirty old man) though she always got hit on back home (and in Roppongi).

Our observations were that while many Japanese guys found her attractive, (some guys would tell me about it) they were generally too intimidated/nervous to approach her. That plus most can't speak English very well in the first place.

So, nezer, if you are to come to Japan you are likely going to have difficulties finding confident (never mind good-looking, I'll let the ladies handle that issue) Japanese men to socialize with. This is true for all non-Japanese women but might be more so for black women. If you are into the club scene, that is one possibility (at the very least you will find Japanese people there are relatively more open to socializing with black people). Otherwise prepare yourself for the long haul!

Comment

Man... the gerbil got my tounge again. Yes, men like women, some of those who don`t, might turn into women.

I also agree with swordfish`s observation, depending on how/what kinda fun you want in Japan, I got to know one black Jamaican lady about 1 month+ back, she was having a good time (mainly cause she knows what she wants too I guess, and having met a cool ladyfriend herself to accompany her during outings surely helps). I did not get to meet her friend though. And oh yes, it will depend on what kinda job you will be doing here (my friend was a bartender).

Comment

I dont want any one to think that I plan on hoeing around but I would like to have a relationship. I am studing nursing and do plan on being social. thanks for the input. I think im starting to get the main idea. More feed back would still be great though.

Comment

*grin* Not much advice. Approach with care. Have in mind what kind of person you want to go out with. Scratch a wild-looking Japanese guy and find a traditionalist underneath. Scratch a traditionalist and ... well, he remains a traditionalist. The happy medium is most difficult of all, I hear. I've met a few strange ones, some very nice-seeming.

By the way, I have twenty-nine gerbils, hence the name gerbilcat. And of course three cats, which is a different subject. People interested in having gerbils out there? I have spare. But only GOOD people, mind you.

Comment

Working...
                              X