X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tokyo disneyland and JW

I am currently going out with a really cute Japanese girl who is obsessed with all things Disney, and Prada handbags.

My friend has been to Tokyo Disneyland, 15 times in the past 4 years.

When I mentioned going to the mountains for a short holiday, she recommended we go to you know where. This really pissed me off.
    To the point where I;m almost ready to try my luck with Gaijin Girls again.

I think Japanese woman have great bods but intellectually few seem to be beyong their teenage years.

Anyone else agree.

Re: tokyo disneyland and JW

I hear ya dts3377

My J wife is always complaining that we haven't been to Disneyland together yet. Even though she has been there 10 times, her dream is to go there with a partner. Maybe she's being a little childish, or am I not romantic enough? Guess I'll have to suck the sav and head on out to Maihara!

Comment

I agree with you dts3377, with the caveat that there are plenty of Jgirls/JW out there with brains and maturity - just takes some searching. My Jwife has no interest in Disney or Prada. That's part of the reason I married her!

Back in the singles days though, the 'really cute' J-girls with 'great bodies' you speak of were a lot of fun! When they started whining things like "take me to Disneyland" or "buy me this (expensive brand named) bag" I just stopped calling and went on to the next one.

Don't get sucked in!

Comment

Yeah, materialism stinks no matter where you live...Japan, the USA or otherwise!

Comment

I agree with the above posts. You can have both. Not all Japanese girls are materialistic. Consider slightly older ones. Also if they are still living with the family they have no sense of the real costs of living.

It just depends. It is a shocker sometimes though.

Comment

Carlos, I don't think your not wanting to go to Disneyland means you're not romantic. I never thought of Disneyland as a date spot until I came to Japan; I thought it was mostly for kids and families! I went to Disney World when I was ten years old with my family for a vacation, and I have great memories, but I was ten. I think a trip to the mountains is way more romantic. My ultimate fantasy is to have a vacation on a deserted island (the only other people being there to wait on me :-)) with a great guy. I guess it's just differences in taste between Japan and most western countries. And dts, some of us gaijin girls aren't too bad!

Comment

I have been to Tokyo and Disney World. I won't argue that mountains are more romantic. However, Disney World especially, can be romantic. Disney World has many hotels that fit your taste, even one over looking a safari landscape. At night you can sit out with your honey and watch the animals. Also the are very nice places to dine.

Disneyland in Tokyo is nice. It would be nice for a date maybe once or twice. There are a lot nice places. It especially good for a first or second date, because you can talk and get to know each other while waiting in line.

I myself have been there 3 times, once to Disney Sea. As for Disney World, I can't count that high. But there it was mostly to party. Big party seen if you know where to look. Last time I didn't sleep for 3 days. TRUE.

But I do agree with dts3377 and carlos. Mountains are romantic But maybe she wants to go with you to disney. I too have met a lot of girls that are obsessed with Disney, maybe too much. I went to Disney with them on Dates. However we went to mountains too. It should be a nice mix. I have had a very romantic time there with a Jgirl, as well as a nice trip into the mountains.

bshabu

Comment

cheers for your support Shan. It's true that everyone has their own idea of what is romantic. I hope your fantasy comes true!

bshabu, you paint a nice picture of Disneyland. I should be more open about it and give it a try.

I should also appreciate what I've got. My wife is very caring and she's always thinking about us. Perhaps she thinks that a day in Disneyland will make our relationship stronger? I should thank myself lucky that I have someone who wants to spend time with me. Maybe it doesn't matter where we go.

Comment

I have had Japanese girls friends that were not obsessed with Disney or anything like that but they did seem too 'into' stuffed toys.

Remember going out with a new Japanese girlfriend that wanted to watch 'Stitch' instead of 'The Pianist'. Her 'argument' was that 'Stitch' is cute, this I know but the thing is a fictional cartoon character meant for kids.

So many adult Japanese people - male and female - are obsessed with fictional cartoon characters; think dashboards covered in stuffed pooh bears/kitty chan. These things are cute, does that mean they need to become the centre of ones universe?

Do Japanese mothers and their daughters - or sons? - fight over whose turn it is to play with kitty chan?

Back to my Japanese girlfriend and myself at the movies. I managed to convince her to forget about 'Stitch'. Then after the movie she popped into some shop that sold all these cheap looking pink things and kind of went gaga; she was getting all excited running from this thing to the other like a kid in a candy store.

I do not want to judge her. However with all the other warning signs that I had noticed, this was when I realised I had to get her to dump me. I just cannot handle this.

Chairo

Comment

Hey, Shan...

Come to Kyushu!

There are plenty of nice islands in and around the Southern part of Japan!!

Comment

OK, you've got the islands in Kyushu, but who's going to provide the guy? ;-)

Comment

If you go to Disneyland, take drugs first.
                        Magic mushrooms would be great -- although they became illegal in 2002. I would love to go to Disneyland on LSD or something of that ilk.
                        There is definitely something trippy about some of the rides there -- all the strange cartoon characters jabbering at you and wierd stuff going on all around you.
                        It's one trippy place, and you need drugs to enjoy it fully.

Comment

That's really funny..... >dts3377
                          I am a JW, but I prefer deserted island 10 times more than Disney land to spend my
                          vacation.

I think many Jgirls are pressued to be "cute" in this country. (Not all, of course)
                          They (I say "they" because I am trying to be objective) tend to pursue what guy likes,
                          in easily comprehensible way. For example, how they dress (wearing mini-skirt w/boots,
                          (I call it hooker boots, some of them) how they talk (tend to speak with higher tone of
                          voice, and close month w/hands then laughing) etc.

You can see that, if you think why Morning Musume is so popular here. Something
                          petite and cute are likable, even though their performance is worse than some amateur
                          talent show on the street. It makes me soooo sad everytime I see JW twice their age,
                          trying to dress&act like them.

I even think some Jgirls are pressued to LIKE Disneyland and some other cute artificial stuff and scream "Sugoi Kawaii!!!!"with very high tone voice. Because otherwise they are not considered somewhat feminine.

I've been to Disney land and even Disneysea only because my best friend from Nagoya wanted to go. I thought it was really overpriced, but still, you can be impressed by their artificial beauty. But I'd rather spend my Y5000 to get away from Tokyo to nature!!

and yeah... manga/anime culture definately has to do something with it.
                          Japanese likes characters, and they even mix with kinkiness!!!!!!!

Comment

That's really funny..... >dts3377
                            I am a JW, but I prefer deserted island 10 times more than Disney land to spend my
                            vacation.

I think many Jgirls are pressued to be "cute" in this country. (Not all, of course)
                            They (I say "they" because I am trying to be objective) tend to pursue what guy likes,
                            in easily comprehensible way. For example, how they dress (wearing mini-skirt w/boots,
                            (I call it hooker boots, some of them) how they talk (tend to speak with higher tone of
                            voice, and close month w/hands then laughing) etc.

You can see that, if you think why Morning Musume is so popular here. Something
                            petite and cute are likable, even though their performance is worse than some amateur
                            talent show on the street. It makes me soooo sad everytime I see JW twice their age,
                            trying to dress&act like them.

I even think some Jgirls are pressued to LIKE Disneyland and some other cute artificial stuff and scream "Sugoi Kawaii!!!!"with very high tone voice. Because otherwise they are not considered somewhat feminine.

I've been to Disney land and even Disneysea only because my best friend from Nagoya wanted to go. I thought it was really overpriced, but still, you can be impressed by their artificial beauty. But I'd rather spend my Y5000 to get away from Tokyo to nature!!

and yeah... manga/anime culture definately has to do something with it.
                            Japanese likes characters, and they even mix with kinkiness!!!!!!!

Comment

waffles and sul,

You people were replying to a 3 month old thread ^^;

Comment

Working...
                              X