Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The girls on Katori Shingo's "Bera-Bera" Eigo TV show...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The girls on Katori Shingo's "Bera-Bera" Eigo TV show...

Maybe it's just me, but what the hell is up with the gaggle of assorted Gaijin girls who sit behind Shingo and his guests on his TV show?

There are about 30 of them, and their sole purpose seems to be sitting there and listening to the dialogue as translation...all the while making supposedly "cute" faces and exagerrated responses to whatever Shingo says. BIG SMILE!! LAUGH!! ____ HEAD TO ONE SIDE AND TRY AND LOOK PENSIVE!!!

It's really funny...they actually try and emulate what they imagine to be a typical young Japanese woman's mannerisms. Has anyone else noticed this???

Re: The girls on Katori Shingo's "Bera-Bera" Eigo TV show...

... and that is a vast improvement!

Comment

That show is wacky...aside from the strange girls, the announcer is the same dude who used to play the Dad/Japanese teacher on the old NHK Nihongo program.

Comment

I've noticed those girls too, but I imagine they get a paid a lot of money to act that way. Like some of the male gaijin clowns on TV...

I actually thought perhaps they may be Russians. Russians seem popular these days in Tokyo, at least. I think it's because they have the "white looks" that some Japanese like, but less on the feminist side. :-)

By the way, Westsan, thanks for your positive comments on gaijin women. I hope you are enjoying yourself with your "vast improvement"-a lemon with no motivation, I think you called her?

Comment

"I've noticed those girls too, but I imagine they get a paid a lot of money to act that way."

Nope. I belong to that agency and according to recent email offers the fee is now down to 4000yen plus transportation.

It used to be higher and all they took a wider variety of people (ie; age and attractiveness were not important factors) and all they had to do was just stand around and react in an upbeat but relatively natural way. I can't believe how wierd those girls are willing to act now for such a small amount of yen. They really creap me out so I can't watch that show anymore (not that I miss it or anything..).

Comment

Smallword, please can you tell me how to apply for participation in that program? Please, I want to help a friend of mine!

Comment

Quite a few of them look like they could be Russian?

Comment

>@Smallword, please can you tell me how to apply for participation in that program? Please, I want to help a friend of mine!
                What's your email address? I'll send you the info. There are TONNES of agencies that accept foreigners though, so if your friend wants that kind of work he/she should join several, not just this one.

Comment

Smallworld, I'd like to know the agency you work for as well. Onegai shimasu!

Comment

Someone needs to call Shingo and tell him to at least get some better looking Gaijin on that show,,,

Comment

Maybe he could use some of the fine-looking gaijin men around.

Comment

Shan, I meant BOTH men and women...it's just that the gals are the ones featured most prominently.

Related to that, have you ever noticed how many famous Gaijin dudes on TV look and/or act either:

1) Full-on gay
                        2) really "dumbed-down"
                        3) hyperactive
                        4) all of the above

Comment

Yes, I know. I participate in the show, but I am not on stage. I cheer for Shingo during the Bera Bera Station section. They do not really serve any purpose but to sit there and squeal at surprising information, EHHHHH!!!

Comment

Perhaps this is Japanese TV and Movie Industry's way at getting back at all the Western sterotyped Japanese tourists stupidly taking pictures of ridiculous things in many movies over the years?

We may never know :P

Comment

You maybe right. Before we had that stereotype, we had American dressing up to play the role of Japanese and other Asian people. How demeaning was that?

Comment

Working...
                              X