X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do gaijin date - each other?

With all the posts on this and other forums about foreigners dating japanese, I was wondering - how common is it for gaijin to date each other?

Re: Do gaijin date - each other?

When I was a student in Japan it was VERY common. I guess it just depends on your group of friends and people you know.

Comment

william,
      Can you tell me about being a student in Japan? Where you studied, costs, scholarships, how long, general thoughts and experiences. Thanks!

Comment

if you don't know japanese and are learning you can do an exchange program or something from your school. I don't know of any other ways really besides taking the tests to get into a university. I only know one guy from italy who did that and he was quite smart. Money and expenses depend on your program, some are scholarships. I lived in a mansion, or condo, and that was quite expensive. if you can cook you should be able to save money that way. overall it was a very bland experience. most of the older students were looking for jobs and skipping classes and the younger ones literally sat around and played all day. No matter where you are from people think you are from america and people ask you to help them with there english homework a lot. they hand you some crappy homework and than look at you. I don't know about every school but in Japanese classes no one listens. the teacher sits in front of the room and talks to him/herself for an hour or so while the kids amuse themselves. after about a year of that you will slowly come to the realization that you have been getting dumber and dumber a little every day. than for fun on the weekends the kids with money or their parents money go to bars and get ripped off and drunk. slowly developing a bad relationship with alcohol. you make acquaintances, not friends. if you have a life in japan outside of school you should be ok. make sure to come to Japan before being a student. buy a bike. get a phone, that's about it.

Comment

wow William....that's an interesting insight into the life of a student. Were you studying at college or high school?

Comment

Working...
          X