Announcement Module
No announcement yet.


Top Module

Canadian getting married in Japan

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Canadian getting married in Japan

    I am trying to find out what documents are needed inorder for a gaijin to get merried to a Japanese girl. If any one has done this first hand, or just has any info on the subject, please let me know.

    Thank You Very Much

  • #2
    Re: Canadian getting married in Japan

    If you get married in Japan

    For the ward office when you apply for your marriage licence:

    a letter from your embassy saying you are not yet married
    a copy of your wifes family register (koseki tohon)
    a personal seal
    (may need passport or alien registrstion but Im not sure)

    Getting married at city office takes about ten minutes.

    For the immigration office when you change your visa

    copy of your Japanese and/or foreign wedding certificate
    wifes family register. You will go on her koseki as her spouse and dependent.
    snap shots of the happy couple
    application for change of visa status
    passport/alien registration card