Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girls

Hi everyone!!!

I moved here a month ago and while ive easily adjusted to the move im a little bit confused.....,

Ok so ive managed to pick up a few phone numbers from girls who all seem nice enough but theyre not really girlfriend material, theyre more like future friends!

Friendly enough but not really my type.....

So heres a question for the forum,

When i go out with colleagues or even new found gaijin friends, they all seem to either all make a beeline towards the nearest girls in a club or split up and do the same!

While back in Europe i would of course approach a girl who i was attracted to, I am quite surprised to see so many guys going after random girls..............yeah i know what your thinking......1 night stand......but most of the time the guys get turned down......

So what the heck, is it all about? Theres me having a dance or a drink and i keep getting funny looks from unattractive girls if after 5 minutes i havent approached them.....

Although this doesnt particularly bother me i was wondering if this is the usual situation in Tokyo clubs.....and if someone could recommend some perhaps higher class bars or clubs....non roppongi........that i could check out......at least then i could relax in a non meatmarket environment and perhaps start making acquaintances.......

Re: Girls

Um, I guess I met a few people like that. I always thought they were scumbags. I never did it. Where are you? Tokyo? Are you talking about Gaspanic? That place is a meat market. I never saw that kind of girl-hunting (nampa) in regular dance clubs like Milk. (If it's still there!)

Comment

dont go to roppongi - unless u like the real low down dirty rough clubs (i mean that in a good way). its not my scene either - theres some nice clubs in shibuya, ie asia etc. im pretty far out of tokyo so cant go often (probably a good thing) but the few times ive been in ive gone to shibuya. theres lots of cool people in cool places so dont be discouraged. if u went to roppongi its only gonna get better!!! get to tower records in shibuya or anywhere else and get some flyers/street mags and suss out the clubs. like the first poster said - dont go to gaspanic - unless u have to kill a couple of hours from 6pm and u want 500 yen drinks!!!

Comment

Japanese girls/women like romance, not pick-ups, for long-term relationships. Doesn't every woman?

Comment

Glenski,

it's off the subject, but are you the same Glenski from Dave's ESL cafe postings?

Just curious,

Drew

Comment

good clubs in tokyo:
            yellow nishi azabu
            womb shibuya
            ageha shin kiba
            manic love aoyama

those are just my faves. non meat market, good music, good vibes. of course there are others, check the net or ask Japanese friends why dontcha.

Comment

thanks everyone! iguylover cheers for the club list!

Comment

What about non-meat-market places in Shinjuku, where I'm headed? I get the feeling there aren't any.

I've asked two Japanese people about Shinjuku, and I seemed to learn three things about it:

1. Sex Industry.
                2. Gay Bars.
                3. Yakuza.

Well that's just great...

Comment

I dont know about the clubs, but theres some fantastic restaurants there, and bars......

1 is opposite mitsukoshi dept store.....called criston cafe......and behind that building theres a fantastic chinese restaurant cant remember the name though....... not much help!

Comment

1. Sex Industry.
                    2. Gay Bars.
                    3. Yakuza.

Who could ask for anything more?? Hahahaha....welcome to Tokyo, pal!

Comment

Hahaha

Well, those things arent in every part of Tokyo..

(I hope)

Comment

Working...
                      X