X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptops and reproductive organs

Can it damage/affect your balls/ovaries or your sperm/eggs if you use your laptop on your lap?

Re: laptops and reproductive organs

Nice question!

Old, unshielded desktop monitors used to give out a fair proportion of EMF, and many young and not so young office ladies would wear aprons with light metal shielding. All evidence to date deals with that source.

Quite a good review here:
    http://www.thesafecelltab.com/reports06.html

Modern laptops with active TFT/ LCD displays, give out virtually no ionising radiation, the main cause of genetic/ cellular damage.

BUT TECHNICALLY, if you have a wireless networking card/ modem transmitting, you could be getting the same sort of accumulative effect of using a cellular phone next to your brain. There is much conflicting evidence on that topic. However, as with all forms of radiation; time/ distance and shielding can minimise the exposure. Use a metal tray to rest the laptop on if it has a wireless card.

There is probably more chance of damaging your "balls" and other sensitive parts if you physically drop you 2.5 kg laptop onto your lap!

But why take the risk?

th

Comment

Damn TH you are smart!I am NOT being a smartarse either,you really amaze me with
      your knowledge.Again I am not being a smartarse but I have to ask,is there anything you DON`T know about?

Comment

reepo wrote:

> Damn TH you are smart!I am NOT being a smartarse either,you
        > really amaze me with
        > your knowledge.Again I am not being a smartarse but I have to
        > ask,is there anything you DON`T know about?

I think TH has got a fast trigger finger on that Google search button. The information TH gave you is out there on the Net - you just have to take the time to search for it, that's all.

- JC

Comment

japchap...

Is it real or is it "Memorex"?

Is it written or "cut and pasted"?

Does it reflect blind copying or real understanding?

Does it answer the question?

Who really knows? Who really cares? It's only zeroes and ones.

Comment

I used to have a fast trigger, but they have clinics for that these days.

About the laptops though, reminds me of a story where some guy roasted his manhood with a hot laptop.

'Laptop burns man's genitals'
            http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E15306,00.html

You'd think he would have noticed the smell (roasted almonds?) or felt something before he'd get a serious burn.

So you can get a burn but I'm pretty sure that you're safe from radiation. If you're going to worry about that, you should wear a metal jockstrap to shield your lovenuts from deep-space gamma rays. Just try explaining that one in the locker room.

Comment

You should contact `Pana-Wave` asap. They will show you the proper way to protect yourself from ... um... you know,... those dangerous wave-things. Coming from evil people and possibly extra-terrestrial life forms bent on using wave-tech to attack you. Quite possibly through your lap-top.

They should also be able to explain why we haven`t seen Tama-chan in a while. Once you get your `wave-proof` suit, can you let us know?

Comment

Pana-wave was a great idea. although I got booted out of the club after I politely suggested that since a mesh of cloth doesn't stop most electromag radiation we should switch to Alfoil hats. They kind of like their traditions.

If you really want to shield your laptop though, you'll only need to shield radio frequencies so a thin sheet of foil stuck to the bottom might do the trick. I really wouldn't bother, but if you do, just don't short-circuit any metal connectors.

Comment

Working...
                X