Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking up

How?

I don't want to hurt this girl, she's a sweetheart. But there's somethig lacking, and after two and a half years I think it's time to end it. We get along well enough, but there's a lack of passion, and I've been thinking it since October. We are currently living together so it's not going to be pretty, but there have been no marriage vows or children, so it can't be impossible. She's 32 and was hoping for marriage, but I dropped a hint last month that I was having doubts.

Any hints, tips or self preservation techniques?

Markos

ps - I don't want to do a runner.

Re: Breaking up

Good hard right to the jaw and she won't be so keen on ya.

Show her you're a w_anker.

Comment

Wait, wait, "We get along well enough, but there's a lack of passion"?

IN JAPAN, THIS WOMAN IS CONSIDERED THE ARCHETYPICALLY PERFECT MARRIAGE MATERIAL.

Get with the programme.

Post Edited (05-19-04 21:57)

Comment

I wish I could give you some good good advice rooted in experience, but I'm not really qualified to do so as I've never been in the same situation.

However, there is no doubt that you should talk to her about it (as it seems you might have done already) before you do anything, breaking up or otherwise. Maybe it will help the problem; if not that maybe it will give her time to come to terms with things over time and be hurt less.

I wish I could say more, good luck with this.

Comment

Hints or self preservation techniques? Do you think there's some secret, magical way of breaking up with a girl so as not to hurt her? Like you said, 'it ain't gonna be pretty'.
          Good luck to ya!

Comment

tell her you dont like her anymore. or.. to be a little more tender-- you're not meant for each other. its the truth, right? you're definitely going to have to hurt her feelings man. dont fool yourself. just go full throttle.
            remember- you're not being selfish because its not just for your sake, its for hers too.

if it were the other way around, she'd probably just start avoiding you until finally you saw each other so little that you forgot she existed. very effective method. japanese girls often use that style on me. (never lived with one before tho)

Comment

quick, hide the Springsteen albums before she gets to them

Comment

Just tell her you are Gay...it worked for George Michael, after all!

Comment

Eat your own faeces while rolling around on the floor, foaming at the mouth, screaming "There's three of us, there's three of us" with your knob wedged into a moist cup noodle. Tell her you only went with her Mum "because she's dirty". If that doesn't do it, you'd better ask THe oracle for some winning advice.

Comment

I still think that if it was me I'd drop more hints or talk to her about it before I'd suprise her with an "'I'm leaving you."Either way, as it was said before, it wont be pretty. If you really decide that you need to end it, then I agree with gentleman quality, it's for her sake too. Good luck to you.

Rodney,

hahahaha, wtf? It's not a popular technique, is it? I suppose it could end the relationship though.

Comment

"Any hints, tips or self preservation techniques?"
                      ask women

Comment

Right... so where are the women on this board to help markosonlines out?

Comment

Rodney thats OTT dude. but what if the girlfriend has some hidden UNKO-fetish that markos didnt know about? then things'll really get weird..

Comment

there's an ancient sexual position devised by the wise and learned masters of copulation who penned the karma sutra which is designed to help ease the breaking off of a relationship... its called "the bucking bronco"...

basicly what you do is assume the "doggy" position, and grasp firmly a good handful of her hair, you then start giving it to her at a nice strong pace and when she just starts on her way to having an orgasm you loudly exclaim "gee, your ass has a bit more fat on it than your sisters!!" then hold on tightly and count the seconds till you're dismounted.

Voila!! relationships over!

well, worked for me...

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, especially ImTony.

I guess I'll call it in the coming two or three weeks, after she finishes her job. Do you think it would be best afterwards if I left or encouraged her to go back to her parents. We still have 1 1/2 years on the lease, in her name, and the house is too big/expensive for one. Money isn:t the issue, so long

Any help from ladies would be greatly appreciated too.

Markos

Comment

Working...
                              X