X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snack Club Girls

Any guys had any experience dating a girl they met at a snack club? I have gone to a club a few times and get along great with one of the girls. We exchanged keitai #s and stuff and mail each other a bit. I never get any of that 'you should come down to the bar now'; it's always day to to day stuff: how was your day? what are you up to, etc? I was there last night and we made definite plans to grab dinner week after next. I dunno if this is all just her marketing or if maybe she is slightly interested. Any guys have any good/bad experiences?

Post Edited (06-25-04 16:58)

Re: Snack Club Girls

"Snack club" - do you mean snack/ pub/ hostess bar?

This is the system called "Do-han!" Pay for dinner, then pay for session at club afterwards. Good marketing ploy. Generally you will only get your ego massaged, not your prostate!

But have fun....

Comment

Personally I would' t put a snack into the same category as a hostess bar. A snack or a pub are on a slightly lower level than a hostess bar. I don't think there would be any "dohan" at a snack. I may be wrong, but this is just my impression.

Comment

Jackie says go with NRC on this one.....although trip hop is right when it comes to dohan.

Give it one dinner, see what the vibe is.....

I have/have had many friends...working in snack/Caba and high-end bars. They want BF`s as well.....so perhaps she is interested. Or perhaps she just wants to get you in the club.....

You can always go to the dinner and say "no" if she mentions the club.....if she does mention the club, say you are going to the restroom and quietly leave the restaraunt and her with the bill.....!!

Comment

Yeah, I'm definitely not looking to go to the bar afterwards. If she brings it up, I will suddenly get an urgent phone call or have plans already.

I should have been more clear on the kind of place. It's not exactly a snack, though it falls under the general snack category. It is technically a 'companion club,' if I recall correctly from the sign. All the girls are Japanese and it's probably the most upscale one in my pretty small town.

Comment

You've made definite plans to grab dinner the week after next?? Sounds like love alright...Is she Japanese? Unless this girl sees you as some type of knight in shining "white" armour, or unless you have really, really deep pockets, there's no way she's gonna give it up.

I had a friend who worked in the water trade. Actually I met her when she was still an OL. At that time, she used to come to my place a lot for drinks or to cry on my shoulder (but mostly for drinks). But after she started in the water trade, she'd invite me to the club for drinks and the pleasure of her company, both of which I could enjoy in unlimited supply for \5,000 per hour. I declined....

Allow me to give it to you straight up: Don't be a sucker! Buy yourself a green mohair suit, stick a mickey of tequila in your breast pocket and start to strut. You'll hook up with someone, I guarantee it. And you won't have to wait two weeks just to have dinner with her!

Trip Hop,
            With all due respect, orochi is interested in hearing from GUYS. And your reference to "prostrate" could be construed by some as insensitive.

Comment

Smooth Jackie could have her over to my place......

Plenty of friends in the trade, but never been to a club....or snack bar. Can someone tell me why they go?? I don`t quite get why guys go to these places....cause chances of getting laid is pretty low. The Japanese guys seem to use the girls as their shrinks...._____ about their work and wife. Unless its a sexy-caba....

Strip clubs are in the same boat....walk in horny, walk out hornier.....touch the girl and get thrown out. No point to them......

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys! sincity, you sound like you know what you're talking about. I think I'll wait a bit and then maybe come down with a nasty cold or something and not be able to make it. I've gotta remember to think with my head.

Comment

I think you will be okay....you said you live in a small town....maybe she doesn`t know many foreigners......just go into with a clear head and you will be fine.
                  Don`t think about the fact that she works at a snack club too much.......the idea that they are all shady or sluts is WAY off base.......I would worry more about your avg. OL chick than I would with many girls that work at the night.

Comment

One dinner can't hurt, right? I can always say no to the club.

Comment

Enjoy yourself, have dinner.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I once had a brief fling with a girl who worked in one of those lingerie pubs (pardon the pun on 'brief'). She was very cool. But I met her outside of her work environment so I never had to question whether I was just another customer or not. That's probably an important distinction. And when I expressed (half-hearted) interest in visiting her pub, she told me not to waste my money.

The point I'm making is that all the girls who work in those places are very aware of the ludicrous sums of money that some men happily pay for nothing more than companionship. Any woman who is truly interested in you wouldn't let you set foot in such a place.

Sure, go out to dinner with her. But if you ever go to that club again, you're a fool.

Comment

sincity - these companion clubs are only a step or two away from "senritsuzen shigoki", where you might learn that the "prostate" is NOT insensitive, even if you are prostrate. The "mizushobai" is not about sex. It is business, pure and simple; designed to extract the contents of a customer's wallet with the minimum of effort and maximum of consent. A small town snack might be miles away from a Kabukicho club, but the philosophy is the same.

Orochi can go out and have fun, but it may cost him more than he anticipates. The girl may be a charmer and fun, but you can bet there is a grasping, harping mama-san behind her, encouraging and exhorting her to bring in customers. That's what two of my neighbours do five days a week!

Comment

trip hop,

I thought I'd banished you from this thread...Just kidding.
                            And I meant to write "prostate" as I think you know. Call it a poor attempt at humor from a guy getting close to the age where annual prostate checks are probably a good idea...

Comment

Think of the absurd prices the old farts pay in the clubs as a way to balance out the sex/wage discrimination here. What some OL`s get paid (or lack of pay combined with unpaid OT) is absurd.

Comment

Working...
                              X