X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaijin Women Open your eyes!

I heard comments on this site about how difficult is for foreign women to meet foreign man specially the non-english teacher type. Well there are quite a lot of foreign medical doctors, dentists, lawyers etc who live and practice in Japan and also have a hard time meeting foreign women as in discussions with most of them, they are not into Japanese girls....give it a try...

Originally posted by mexicanyakuza
    I heard comments on this site about how difficult is for foreign women to meet foreign man specially the non-english teacher type. Well there are quite a lot of foreign medical doctors, dentists, lawyers etc who live and practice in Japan and also have a hard time meeting foreign women as in discussions with most of them, they are not into Japanese girls....give it a try...
    medical doctors ($money$), dentists ($money$), lawyers ($money$)

don`t you women think about anything else?

Comment

"medical doctors ($money$), dentists ($money$), lawyers ($money$)"

Some people with a profession and money have been known to be perfectly normal attractive people, you know. Is this reverse snobbery?

Comment

Not abouy money

Hello Koizumi, this post was made by me based on an observation and conversation among foreign professionals living and working in Japan on a long term, and I am male dentist and have found out that is way much better to date foreign women, they are more independent, goal oriented and quite brave to be here....so I respect that.....

Comment

sorry about that
          stressful day at work
          didn't mean to take it out on your thread

as a "gaijin" doctor, dentist, lawyer, I would think that you would have a chance of meeting foreign women. But I guess it would be a little unprofessional to hit on your patient. I dunno...

Comment

My gaijin female eyes are open...I just don't see it (or them, moreover). I must be going blind...

Comment

Dating pacients

Well, it never came to my mind on dating pacients, specially here in japan...or anywhere....I mean social life outside hospitals or office....I guess that most of us feel the same ....where can you find a nice date????

Comment

When you find out, please let me know. I'd be interested in knowing the (or, an) answer!!

Comment

To Person

I agree with you, If you exclude hostesses and prostitutes that are cash hungry, air head party english teachers which dont see life more than next week, I dont see them also......maybe occasionally......

Comment

looks like a potential matchup right here. why don't you two give it a go?

Comment

>>>>>>

My email is mexicanyakuza@yahoo.com and jearizpe@hotmail.com you can add me on your messengers see ya.... will be nice to chat over the subject......

Comment

I'm not sure I have that many insights to share, but...I'm always happy to discuss/learn. Maybe one day it'll all make sense that way...

Comment

Love it or leave it??

If Gaijin women are so frustrated, why do they insist on staying year after miserable year in Japan? Stop whining about how thin, cute and submissive the Japanese ladies seem to be and take charge of your lives, already. You AREN'T GOING TO CHANGE generations of Confucianist thought and culture, and quite frankly, most Japanese probably prefer their system as-is. It's certainly their right.

Instead of _____ing all the time, either go home or at least go and teach in South America, where foreign women can get romanced, wooed, serenaded and otherwised serviced 24/7 by eager Latino men!!

Gaijin (especially blonde) girls in Latin America = "Charisma Women"

Comment

Dr. Drew's comments

Originally posted by Dr.Drew
                            If Gaijin women are so frustrated, why do they insist on staying year after miserable year in Japan? Stop whining about how thin, cute and submissive the Japanese ladies seem to be and take charge of your lives, already. You AREN'T GOING TO CHANGE generations of Confucianist thought and culture, and quite frankly, most Japanese probably prefer their system as-is. It's certainly their right.

Instead of _____ing all the time, either go home or at least go and teach in South America, where foreign women can get romanced, wooed, serenaded and otherwised serviced 24/7 by eager Latino men!!

Gaijin (especially blonde) girls in Latin America = "Charisma Women"
                            -------

I can only speak for myself, but...

I have not spent "year after miserable year" in Japan. Further, I don't whine about Japanese women (or men for that matter) because, quite frankly, I don't see it as "me against them". The same qualities I liked in women as friends (and men as boyfriends) in the U.S. are the same qualities I like in women (and men) here. In my case, while I have dated only Japanese men while here, the qualities most of them possessed were not that different than most of the men I dated back home. Why? Because, as I said, what I want in a partner hasn't changed. Perhaps it's more difficult to find a Japanese man who possesses these qualities, but then, I guess it was challenging back home as well.

Again, I can only speak for myself, but I am not just looking for someone who likes me because A) I'm novel, or B) I speak English. That's kind of missing the whole point in finding someone. Maybe those are the things that bring you together initially (there's always something that does be it looks, position, etc.); however, I don't think my aspirations are to be "serviced"...by anyone.

I'm not sure what you mean about changing their "system". Not clear on that.

Bottom line - no matter what country you are in, I think most would agree it's difficult to find a quality partner. If your aim is simply to be "serviced", "wooed", and/or "serenaded", maybe it's less difficult (or more...I don't know many people who serenade their partners!!!). I haven't a clue. I don't think this has to do simply with culture. Certainly, being a gaijin in this country can sometimes limit (as well as increase) the number of potential partners. In my case, they are further limited by the fact that I'm a pathetic gaijin who still hasn't chosen to learn Japanese...at least well. Because of this, and my "goals" (i.e., not being "serviced"), it makes it more...of a challenge. [In my defense - I think part of the reason I haven't really learned Japanese is because, in some ways, it keeps me from fully integrating into Japanese culture. Further, because of this, I HAVE TO find a man who speaks English well...which, as a result, usually means he's more "Western" than your average Japanese male. Maybe it's a defense mechanism?!]

That's all. Hardly year after miserable year in Japan though.

Comment

Lets Move on..

I agree that is difficult to meet potential partners......very....

Comment

Working...
                              X